- Any CO Person can create a CO Group; only CO Administrators can create COUs.
- CO Group Memberships attach at the CO Person level, whereas COU memberships attach at the CO Person Role level.
- Management of CO Group Memberships is simple (e.g., manual management by the CO Group Owner, self-opt in for open CO Groups, etc.), whereas COU memberships can be managed using Enrollment Flows and Expiration Policies.
- COU memberships imply CO Group Memberships (in the Members:COU group).
- Email Addresses can be attached to CO Groups via CO Email Lists.