InCommon TAC Meeting 2014-12-11
Thursday, December 11, 2014
1:00pm ET | 12:00pm CT | 11:00am MT | 10:00am PT
With: Tom Scavo, Dean Woodbeck, Janemarie Duh, Ann West, John Krienke, Steve Zoppi, Nate Klingenstein
(AI) Prior to the break, Steve Carmody will develop a scope of work for an “eduGAIN punch list”
(AI) Steve Carmody will communicate the Alternative IdP Working Group final report and recommendations to Steering.
Tom Scavo pointed to a wiki page with this week’s Ops Update https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/inctac/Ops+Update+2014-12-11
He highlighted the dates for metadata signing over the holidays, the completed move of the Ann Arbor office, and the move of the metadata signing operation.
Michael reported that process is ongoing as the Steering Program Subcommittee identifies and differentiates responsibilities of InCommon and TIER. Steve Carmody reported that TAC priorities have been incorporated into the master sheet being used by the Program Subcommittee.
EU Identity Week
Ann sent an email to the TAC list outlining the highlights of the recent EU Identity Week. She highlighted:
- a discussion about eduGAIN and the potential for individual federations to have the ability and a tool to filter entities in the metadata
- Geant is deploying a VO Platform as a Service next year
- SURFNet deploying eduTEAMs, a federated group service that anyone can use. Want to make it available as an GEANT/eduGAIN service.
The first TIER requirements gathering workshop took place this week in Chicago. Ann reported that 22 campuses attended and developed a list of use cases, possible metrics, and operational constraints.
Tom Scavo reported on items related to the R&S Category:
- human subjects requirement has been removed
- v1.2 of REFEDS R&S specification published
- Gap analysis between REFEDS and InCommon R&S published
- New R&S documentation and new application form (reflecting the REFEDS spec) are published
- Goal to get all R&S SPs to have both entity attributes in metadata. Once that happens, we will begin talking with IdPs
Alternative IdP Working Group
Janemarie Duh (Lafayette) joined the call as chair of the Alternative IdP Working Group and presented the final report. She highlighted the recommendations for future work, divided into three categories:
TAC accepts the working group report with thanks to Janemarie, David Walker and the entire working group. Steve Carmody will transmit the report to Steering.
IdP of Last Resort Working Group
Keith Hazelton presented the Working Group’s draft report, including a list of requirements for such an IdP and some desirable features. The next steps include:
The working group hopes to have a final report by the January 8, 2015, TAC meeting
A Steering working group has looked at the policy requirements for implementing eduGAIN and has developed a long punch list. Some of the items have been assigned to TAC. Steve Carmody suggests chartering a working group to make recommendations on the punch list, as well as the filtering issue discussed earlier. (AI) Steve will develop a scope of work for such a working group prior to the break.
January 8, 2015 – 2 pm ET / 1 pm CT / Noon MT / 11 am PT