- Support for Google OpenID has been demonstrate
- Prioritize other Social Identity Providers that are required:
- The GW is just a translator; it maps the values in the assertion received from a social identity provider to values in a SAML assertion sent to the service provider. The GW does NOT add any attributes to the SAML assertion that are sourced from any other sources.
- The GW will be stateless; it will not include anything resembling a Person Registry; it will not remember anything about a browser user who traverses the GW.
- The browser user should only have to traverse a single Discovery Service; the user should not be forced to traverse multiple DSs (e.g., the user shouldn't have to select "social gateway" from the local DS, and then select a specific social IDP when they reach the GW).
- The GW will not initially include an invitation service. However, campus-based invitation services should be able to easily use the gateway.
- It will be transparent to the SP whether gateway or native social protocol support is used.