2012 environmental scan of SOA in higher education
|Table of Contents|
The ITANA SOA Working Group is reviewing SOA implementation projects, SOA software development projects, standards, technologies and resources for higher education. The goal is to complete an environmental scan of SOA in Higher Education in 2012.
Interested in participating? Please contact Leo Fernig at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOA Survey 2012
The working group has completed its 2012 environmental scan of SOA in higher education.
- SOA Survey 2012 results and analysis
The SOA Working Group consists of:
Experts who have shared their knowledge and experience. List
Round 1 - Full Questionnaire
Questionnaires to use in interviews and surveys. Note: the actual questionnaires are Google forms. There are two versions:
- Questionnaire for institutions
- Questionnaire for products
There are explanatory notes to be used in conjunction with the questionnaire.
Questionnaire Results (long survey)
This section tabulates the results of the various sections of the survey in a format that is more readable than the Google spreadsheet.
The Survey Themes area is a sandbox in which to record unstructured reflections on the survey results.
- Section 1: Survey respondents
- Section 2: SOA maturity of your organization
- Section 3: Industry (vertical) standards
- Section 4: Web Service Integration Capabilities
- Section 5: SOA governance
- Section 6: Data governance
- Section 7: Identity and access management
- Section 8: SOA design principles
- Section 9: SOA technologies
- Section 10: Cost benefit analysis
- Section 11: Individual SOA projects
Round 2 - Short Survey
The working group has developed a short survey version of the questionnaire for circulation on multiple mailing lists. Please respond here:
Questionnaire Results (short survey)
- Section 2: SOA maturity
- Section 3: Change drivers
- Section 6: Vertical standards
- Section 8: ERP SOA capabilities
- Section 10: SOA technologies
Meetings and minutes
The working group meets 11:00 - 12:00 PT the 2nd Wednesday of each month in 2012.
Agendas and minutes