The current working branch for June November 2019 training is "201906201911". https://github.internet2.edu/docker/grouper_training/tree/201906201911.
This branch is automatically built on every commit and pushed to dockerhub, with the branch name appended to the image tags. https://hub.docker.com/r/tier/gte/tags.
- create a feature branch off of 201906 201911 (eg. 201906201911-201-updates).
- update ./gte line 12 with your branch name (eg. replace "201906201911" with "201906201911-201-updates").
- make local chances to exercises and content
- run ./manualBuild.sh in whatever ex### directory you are working in. this will create docker images based on your branch name
- run ./start-rabbitmq.sh (this starts rabbitmq, and can be left running. it is required for the ./gte command to work)
- run ./gte 201.1.1 (this will start the correct local version based on your branch name and link to rabbitmq)
- test/review changes at https://localhost:8443/grouper
- push local commits/branch to github
- Merge changes in to 201906 into 201911 when completed.
- Log into github and go to "Branches"
- Choose "New pull request" on your feature branch
- Make sure to update base: master to base: 201906201911
- Add comment and choose "Create pull request" underneath comment section
- Choose "Merge pull request"
- Choose "Confirm Merge"
- Choose "Delete Branch" if done with feature branch.