|Table of Contents|
- Make a recurring meeting starting 5am on start day for 24 hours, recurring for the number of days the training is
- Meeting should have a 6 digit numeric password
- Do not post links for the zoom coordinates except in private locations like meeting requests and slack pins
For alternative hosts list
- Video on for hosts and participants
- Enable join before host
- Mute participants on entry
- Disable waiting room
- Do not require authenticated participants
- Record meeting automatically in the cloud
- Slack the link with password, meeting id, and password to Erin (or whoever is managing the pins)
- For the June training, ChrisHy is Main meeting, Bill is breakout #1, ChrisHu is breakout #2, Emily is breakout #3
Example pin of zoom (not actual links, those are in pin in slack)
Dial by Phone: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
MAIN TRAINING ZOOM:
BREAKOUT ZOOM 1:
BREAKOUT ZOOM 2:
BREAKOUT ZOOM 3
- Use the Grouper Training folder
- For courses, use a section folder (e.g. 101)
- For quizzes, name with this convention: GTE 101.1: Grouper Basics
- Do not list answers in slides
- Do keep the questions in slides (in case Kahoot goes away)
- Its not clear how to mute Kahoot. Right click on tab in browser and "mute site" e.g. in chrome
- During the training, trainers should not take the quiz, as it will skew the results
Hands on copy/paste standards
- For a course, make a hands on wiki under this page
- Each thing to copy paste should be in a code block
- For each slide that has something to copy/paste, link the first word to that course's copy/paste wiki
The current working branch for June November 2019 training is "201906201911". https://github.internet2.edu/docker/grouper_training/tree/201906201911.
This branch is automatically built on every commit and pushed to dockerhub, with the branch name appended to the image tags. https://hub.docker.com/r/tier/gte/tags.
- create a feature branch off of 201906 201911 (eg. 201906201911-201-updates).
- update ./gte line 12 with your branch name (eg. replace "201906201911" with "201906201911-201-updates").
- make local chances to exercises and content
- run ./manualBuild.sh in whatever ex### directory you are working in. this will create docker images based on your branch name
- run ./start-rabbitmq.sh (this starts rabbitmq, and can be left running. it is required for the ./gte command to work)run ./gte 201.1.1 (this will start the correct local version based on your branch name and link to rabbitmq)
- test/review changes at https://localhost:8443/grouper
- push local commits/branch to github
- Merge changes in to 201906 into needed branch when completed.
- Log into github and go to "Branches"
- Choose "New pull request" on your feature branch
- Make sure to update base: master to base: 201906201911
- Add comment and choose "Create pull request" underneath comment section
- Choose "Merge pull request"
- Choose "Confirm Merge"
- Choose "Delete Branch" if done with feature branch.
Command Line Jumpstart for the GTE commands
Grouper email list: grouper-2019-06 at internet2 dot edu
gte $ git clone https://github.internet2.edu/docker/grouper_training.git grouper_training $ git checkout 201906 grouper_training $ ./manualBuild.sh
Google drive for slides: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1irHccRqkfrwkeXpA2ayQPEt2PlI67Cx5
Dec 2019 Temple training notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nfkt8tgv05F_fQwdQc5Ru_A4tv79FFl7JdeAq3tO3rI/edit#heading=h.2zrn2o90s27q