Phone-Based Two Factor Authentication Vendors
Provided by Joe St. Sauver, of Internet2 and the University of Oregon
"Authentify provides user authentication, transaction confirmation, transaction authentication services, voice biometric and other authentication functions for:
- The #1 Bank in the World
- The #1 E-commerce site on the Internet
- The #1 P2P Payment provider
- The #1 Online Auction Site
- The Largest Insurance Company in North America
- The #1 Online Trading Site
- The Nation's Largest Credit Union and many others."
- Deepnet Security
Claim to fame: "The largest selection of authentication methods: soft and hard tokens, tokenless, biometrics, PKI and device DNA"
Five star review in SC Magazine: Deepnet Security Unified Authentication Platform v3.4
Claim to fame: broad range of supported methods, well regarded technical lead, free for up to 10 users and open source projects.
- Mobile One Time Password (Sourceforge)
Claim to fame: open source cell phone one time password solution with token clients for iPhone, Android, Palm and OpenMoko
- Google Authenticator (code.google.com)
Claim to fame: open source solution from Google with apps for Andoid, iOS, Blackberry, and PAM support for PAM-enabled applications.
Claim to fame: "The Inventors of Tokenless Authentication"
Claims to fame: From the NREN community itself. Nominated from the Novay Digital Identity Award 2011; 2nd prize winner in the ACLU Develop4Privacy Challenge.
- Vasco Virtual Digipass
Claim to fame: many awards and distinctions listed at their Awards and Recognitions page.
- VoiceTrust Two Factor Authentication
Claim to fame: combines a phone call to preconfigured phone number with biometric voice verification.