Per-Entity Metadata Working Group - 2016-10-12
Agenda and Notes
[Etherpad used to create these notes: Agenda_and_Notes_-_2016-10-12.etherpad]
Dial in from a Phone:
Dial one of the following numbers:
Meeting URL (for VOIP and video): https://bluejeans.com/195646158
Wiki space: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/T4PmBQ
- David Walker, InCommon/Internet2
- Ian Young
- Scott Cantor, tOSU
- Tommy Doan, Southern Methodist University
- Michael Domingues, University of Iowa
- Rhys Smith, Jisc
- Nick Roy, InCommon/Internet2
- Tom Scavo, InCommon/Internet2
- Tom Mitchell, GENI
- IJ Kim, Internet2
- Walter Hoehn, Memphis
- John Kazmerzak, University of Iowa
- Phil Pishioneri, Penn State
- Paul Caskey, Internet2
Agenda and Notes
- NOTE WELL: All Internet2 Activities are governed by the Internet2 Intellectual Property Framework. - http://www.internet2.edu/policies/intellectual-property-framework/
- NOTE WELL: The call is being recorded.
- Agenda bash
- Finalizing our report - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MSRAO6FkEltsIM0E9X5y7dnfalephiaIvS1ZE2WTeFM/edit?usp=sharing
- Please add comments and suggested edits for discussion during the call. Please use "suggesting" mode, unless you are correcting grammar, punctuation, etc.
- (Notes were added as comments in the document.)
- CDNs / SAMLbits
- Community-based SAMLbits good in long term, but (lack of) governance argues for something else in short term.
- CDNs are designed for access by browsers, not really for creating high-availability, high-performance infrastructures like we're doing.
- MDQ is new; probably don't want to introduce new CDN at same time.
- Add a recommendation to analyze and monitor costs in real world.
- The "publishing "pipeline" diagram
- Change to process flow format.
- TomS will revise and integrate into introduction for section 7. Also add an appendix to describe existing infrastructure.
- David will review document overall to make sure we're saying things in the right sections (risks / mitigations / requirements).