Travel, parking, hotels, etc.
Schedule and agendas
Working documents and links
Captured flip-charts and notes
The Face2Face begins at Lunch on Wednesday and ends at Lunch on Friday.
|Day 1: Wednesday, 4/20|| || ||1PM Gather|
|Dinner on your own|
|Day 2: Thursday, 4/21||Breakfast in Room||Working Session||Lunch||Working Session||Dinner on your own|
|Day 3: Friday, 4/22||Breakfast in Room||Report out/Wrap up|| || || |
Goals and Approach
Influence and Leadership Skills for Architects - driving strategic decisions
Getting Consensus -- Voting Structures, Minimum Specs (Liberating Structures), Affinity Diagrams
Sharing Knowledge -- Stories, Metaphors, Images
Managing Meetings -- Flip Chart Management, Capture and Collect
Building Relationships -- Eight Ways to Influence
Inspiring Action -- Strategic Thinking, Linking to the outcome, Inspiring stories
Getting work done -- Unconference, Kanban Board
Personal Leadership – Defensive Calendaring, Influencing Styles
F2F meeting structure
The structure uses principles from hackathons and unconferences where we are agile in the agenda and deliverables and focused on creating a set of resources for ITANA members.
- Most of day 1 is for stage setting. The items listed in Example Topics provide a starting point and by the end of the day we should have topics, leads, and teams to tackle them (topics, not leads). Teams are encouraged to eat dinner together and begin discussions on their topics.
- Day 2 is hackathon day. Teams work on their topic, creating the outcomes listed below. If they complete their topic, the can choose another one. This continues throughout the day.
- Day 3 is presentation day. Each team will present their completed topics to the assembled group.
- In person idea sharing and exchange
- A best practices library relating to the use of these tools
- A set of guidelines for each tool. In what context is the tool useful? Who is the intended audience? What kinds of information does it best convey?
- Information that can be applied to one or more problems at the home institution. Ideally that work can be fed back to the library started in the F2F.