*ITANA Call 1-March-2012*
Jim Phelps, University of Wisconsin-Madison (chair)
Glenn Donaldson, The Ohio State U.
Phil Robinson, Cornell
Chris Eagle, U. Michigan
Wayde Nie, McMaster U.
Sharif Nijim, Notre Dame
Leo Fernig, U. British Columbia
Paul Hobson, U. British Columbia
Vincent Aumont, U. British Columbia
Steve Olshansky, Internet2 (scribe)
- New to Higher Education Peer-Group
- First Google+ Hangout Tue 13-March 11:00 AM EST
- every 4 weeks, coincident with the ITANA call weeks
- 1st topic: collaborative approach v. directive approach
- all are welcome, even if not new to higher ed
- must have Google+ account, and add Chris, Jim and ITANA pages to your circles
- can join audio only if you don't have a camera
- instructions will go out to the list in advance
- SOA WG Survey Go-live
- questions are on the wiki: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/itana/Questionnaire+for+institutions
- testing with a few institutions initially
- Archimate - two panels coming up, dates TBDhttp://www.opengroup.org/archimate/http://www3.opengroup.org/subjectareas/enterprise/archimatehttp://archi.cetis.ac.uk/ – the opensource Archi modeling tool
- CoRA Model (http://www.coramodel.com)
This looks to be an attractive framework, and easy to communicate to others...
- Perhaps this could be used in conjunction with the SOA survey.
- CORA and TOGAF in Ph D and E of TOGAF : http://www.coramodel.com/connection/enterprisearchitecture/cora-and-togaf.htm
– Future Call Agenda Items:
- Does a heavy-weight EA Tool add enough value to outweigh the price and heaviness of the tool itself? Can we find a case-study or two?
- Rolling out a new SIS
- Why would you use an EA tool? What are the goals of making artifacts? What is the purpose of these artifacts?
- Defining and promoting the architecture brand (suggested by Scott F.)
- OpenStack.org - Open Cloud Platform - UC Berkeley and UW-Madison
Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.