This is the home page for the ITANA group's discussion of enterprise workflow. Please feel free to add to the wiki!
So far the group has gathered the following information:
Next steps for the group could include:
- Provide overviews of workflow systems included with products like the Sun access management system.
- Develop applicable definitions (what do we mean by workflow?)
- Define use cases to illustrate the range of problems that we're trying to solve.
- Develop case studies
- Compile a survey of tools
- Adapt information from well-known workflow sites to higher education the workflow management coalition site is www.wfmc.org
- Gather example workflows
- Develop a single workflow (Hiring) and see how it has been implemented on various campuses
- Have a Screen2Screen session to show the tools that various groups are using, for example:
- Discussion of the UK Local e-Gov Workflow work - Paul Hobson
- IBM Websphere Workflow Stack - Paul Hobson
- Oracle Workflow - Keith Hazelton