Title: New2EA Meeting Notes
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 2:00PM-3:00PM EST
- Billy Sneed
- Ashish Pandit
- Dennis Baron
- James Phelps
- Vedat Gunay
- Jacob Morris
- Jeff Kennedy
- Dawn Hessinger
- Marion Raghunanan
- Yolanda Uzzell
- Rich Cropp
- 2020 Architect Resolutions
- Review and discover the depth of resources on the Itana Wiki.
New2EA Topics/Themes for the upcoming year:
- Being an "Architect" - shifting your focus and skills
- 2020 Architect Resolutions
- Growing an EA Practice
- Fitting the Organization
- Architect Survival Kit (on the Itana Wiki)
Discussion about other future topics/themes:
- Selecting and prioritizing engagements.
- Surviving engagements when priorities don't align with strategy?
- How EA pushes an organization to better fit an EA practice?
Welcome to 2020!
2020 Architect Resolutions
- What steps will you take this year in shifting your focus and skills to becoming or improving as an "architect"?
- Intentional about pushing organization to fit an EA practice
- Attend strategic meetings
- Empower CIO to set standards around technology
- Being visible with leadership and others
- sharing information about the good work that has been done and could be done
- Being out there and making connecting
- creating relationships and promoting program
- setting the grounds for future collaborations
- Better prioritization
- too many things on peoples plates
- learning to say no to those things that aren't as important
- learning to say no in a graceful way
- get beyond 'just in time' and add value earlier in engagement
- no, not right now
- Ruthless prioritization
- Make University more aware of what EA is
- make it more than just a buzz word
- Make an effort to be part of the software and development side of the architecture
- Better understand the role of enterprise architecture
- How do my strengths alight with my understanding of role?
- Motivate team to standards
- ITSM pieces to enable an EA practice
- service management mindset to enable EA and break down silos
- Attend New2EA WG meetings
- Help plan New2EA by joining the steering calls
- Increase your influence by Facilitating from the Side
- Demonstrate your leadership as an architect
- Make people want to attend your "meetings" by converting them to PROPER Working Sessions
- being very intentional about why you are having a meeting
- what do you want to get out of this meeting?
- What do you want the attendees to get out of meeting?
- Does everything on the agenda drive you to those goals
- Your thoughts here...
- More effective interactions with meetings
- Intentional communications
Itana Wiki resources:
- Lots of great informations
- Schedule of calls
- EA maturiyy model
- Architecture leadership
- Architecture methods
Please add examples for architecture methods.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - New2EA Steering Group meeting
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - Being an "Architect" series continued
- Jacob Morris will share recording from previous meetings.