|30 min||Prioritize Initial Topics and Discuss Activities||All|
- Topics collected via survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RzzRwYOvMLqdpybhDa3a3smgX_AaCb0avLgv5ngsBjA/edit?usp=sharing
- Discussion of New2EA for the first time as a contributor, New2EA for a reset, I missed the third???
- A new EA contributor to an established practice
- Launching an EA practice from scratch
- Relaunching/reset EA
- What is unique about Higher Education EA
- This is a helpful thing to think about
- Access to a range of possible roles could be useful
- How can I approach EA in a structured way
What does an EA do on a typical day? What are you doing and producing.
- You can do an interview of people who are practicing to find out (potential New2EA activity)
- Jim-Mostly politically manage up
- Our 4 architects at UW might have some really different answers
- Perhaps surveying a broad array of practices might be of interest.
- Architects involved in health care would be interesting as well.
- Looking at different lines of business might offer different takes on it.
- Institutional structure has a great deal to do with how EA is practiced.
- Is it more structured in other industries than higher ed. Yes, why?
- Bottom line.
- Clear hierarchy of decision maker.
- Clear structures within the organization.
- People in higher ed sometimes want more structure.
- The research side has a different approach than health care and higher education.
Topic Categories from Survey Shared by Alberto
EA in General
- Starting EA Practice
- Processes, Best Practices
- Learning, Training
EA in HigherEd
- Starting Practice in HE
- Success Stories, Lessons Learned
- Practice Communities
- Culture (Changing, embracing EA)
- How to Demonstrate Value of EA
- Measuring Success: KPI, ROI,
- Dashboards, Analytics, etc
EA for IT
- IT Infrastructure, Cloud
- ITSM: ChangeMgmt, CMDB,
- Breaking Information Siloes
- KnowledgeMgmt, Documentation