Roll Call (by timezone - East to West).
Scribe Shout Out.
Business Architecture to Create an Organization Unit’s Identity – J.J. DuChateau Itana Org
Updates Working Group
• Updates EA Maturity Model
• IoT Whitepaper API Working Group Book Club Business Architecture WG Steering Committee Update
Plus dial-ins only.
Announcements - Itana News, Working Group Report out
Ken Klingenstein not able to present on IoT. JJ DeChateau is stepping in with today's presentation.
Business Architecture to Create an Organization Unit’s Identity
- The IT Unit had been split into two different units.
- This is what we used to rebuild our identity.
- The goal was to create a consistent and clear message of the the unit is, what it provides and the focus on the business aspect.
- Used three tools, Service Model Canvas, Maturity Model,
- Service Model Canvas
- A one page description of the service designed with UX in mind. (See slides)
- USERS: Users, Service Proposition, Channels, Usage
- SERVICE DELIVERY
- RISKS: Challengers and Alternatives
- PERFORMANCE: ROI and KPIs - Not much done on ROI but much discussion about KPIs
- Maturity Model
Means to assess how well the service operates today and how well it may need to operate in the future.
- Very clean expression of where the services are and where they need to be
- Tailored existing models to meet their needs. Attributes: Administrative and Governance, Strategy and Planning, Operation, Finances, Technology
- Business Motivation Model
- Describes the Ends and the Means you use to achieve them.
- Vision, mission, strategies and objectives
- Used a small part of the model, the six major components
- A nice structured way to drill down from the high level goals to the activities that support them
- Other interesting tools they chose not to use (see slides)
- Lessons Learned
- Value in just doing the exercise and having these essential conversations
- Build unit identity
- Build trust
- Others (see slides)