- J. J. Du Chateau
- Jose Cedeno
- Review charge and discuss adoption of existing models.
Looking for another co-chair to join Louis & J.J. to help with planning.
- Should consider how EA is moving from artifact (standardization approach) to one more engaged with communities for aligning IT and business.
- May need to address what it means for a maturity model where the EA industry is changing as well. Some of the standards are probably long lived, so perhaps EA maturity follows the same arc as business maturity.
- A goal of the maturity model may be that it should be resilient to future EA practice changes. Should also take into consideration EA as a noun vs EA as a verb.
- A possible end product vision is a Structure and a Practice Guide
- Structure – Maturity model that describe various target maturities
- Practice Guide – A guide that contains what an EA practice does to reach, or be at, a given maturity level.
- Need to determine/decide which levels and attributes to address.
- Political reality may cause levels for each characteristics to vary.
- May want to capture and understand linkages and dependencies between maturity characteristics. For example, if order to reach a high maturity level for a characteristic, one may need to be at some minimum maturity level for another characteristic.
- Goal for next meeting: Would like to have levels & attributes proposed by next meeting