Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Minutes

Attending: Mark Scheible, Mike Grady, Tom Barton, Janemarie Duh, Kim Milford, Jim Jokl, Keith Wessel, Eric Goodman, Chris Misra

With: Dean Woodbeck, Ian Young, Dave Shafer, David Walker, IJ Kim, Shannon Roddy, Nick Roy, Steve Zoppi, Ann West

NOTE WELL: All Internet2 activities are governed by the Internet2 Intellectual Property Framework

Action Items

(AI) Dean will create a Google form for TAC to vote on potential members.

(AI) Mark will contact those not attending today to point them at any resources that might help give them a sense of today’s discussion.

Ops Update

Shannon Roddy reported that he is developing a plan for a security assessment of InCommon and determining what would be in scope. He sees a four-part process: 1) initial assessment, 2) initial remediation, 3) develop cybersecurity framework, 4) implement the framework. All of this is still in early stages. Kim Milford volunteered the REN-ISAC technical advisory group (TAG) for consultation and guidance, if desired.

Trust and Identity Update

  • Nick will be going to the GEANT trust and identity meeting in December. New ideas can be submitted/+1’ed at: https://wiki.geant.org/display/gn43tip/New+Idea+Submission

  • MFA proof of concept with the certificate manager is complete and planning is in process for production.

  • The first TIER Campus Success Program call took place this week, including campus reports on their status followed by a demonstration of midPoint. Looking to plan a F2F in late January or early February

  • SIRTFI will show up in the Federation Manager soon for entities to self-assert. Tom Barton and Ann West are working on rollout plan. SIRTFI, R&S and Baseline all in scope.

  • GDPR assessment from GEANT is complete. Tom Barton posted a link to the report on the participants list

  • The recent NSF Cyberinfrastructure grant call for proposal includes InCommon participation and R&S is recommended as part of proposals

  • David Shafer shared the Baseline Expectations technical implementation document with TAC

Working Group Updates

  • Attributes for Collaboration and Federation WG - first call following the TechEx F2F meeting, with Brad Christ as new Chair of the Working Group.

  • Streamlining SP Onboarding WG making progress. Narrowed the scope at TechEx and now on their way

TAC Nominations for 2018

Mark Scheible and Janemarie Duh shared a summary of the nominees and thoughts on how to organize the process. The summary sheet includes a tab for criteria, and a table that shows the terms of current TAC members and recommendations for terms for the new members.

Recommendation: consider only filling 5 positions this year (2018), 4 the following year (2019), and 4 the year after (2020). That would balance the term-end dates and maintain the number of members at 13 (the current max for TAC membership).

Recommendation: Consider diversity in a number of ways, including size of organization, diversity of organizations (not all IdP operators), gender, and connections to the research community.

Voting will be done in the same manner as last year. (AI) Dean will create a Google form for TAC to vote on potential members. (AI) Mark will contact those not attending today to point them at any resources that might help give them a sense of today’s discussion.

Next Meeting - December 7 - 1 pm ET

  • No labels