spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

InCommon TAC Meeting - November 12, 2015 - Minutes

Attending: Steve Carmody, Ian Young, Chris Misra, Jim Jokl, Scott Cantor, Mike LaHaye, Keith Hazelton, Tom Barton, Paul Caskey, David Walker

With: Tom Scavo, IJ Kim, Nick Roy, Steve Zoppi, Ann West, Nate Klingenstein

Action Items

(AI) Nick will reply to Sir-T-Fi consultation list that this is something InCommon would encourage participants to adopt.

(AI) Keith will submit an item for the REFEDS 2016 work plan concerning portability of IDs as part of IdPs of last resort.

(AI) Steve will forward the approved TAC charter to Steering and ask for placement on their December 2015 agenda for approval.

(AI) TAC will discuss the process for recommending TAC membersship for 2016 on the email list prior to the next meeting (December 10).

(AI) Tom Scavo will run a comparison of the 47 SAML1-only SPs in the InCommon with the SAML1-only SPs currently in eduGAIN metadata

(AI) TAC will discuss, via the email list, about the proposal that, for organizations with multiple IdPs in InCommon metadata, only zero or one will be exported.


Minutes

Approved from October 29, 2015

REFEDS Sir-T-Fi Framework

The REFEDS Sir-T-Fi Framework Consultation closes December 8. TAC members are encouraged to “Plus-1” if things look OK, as this will help in a future stage of the plan (for instance, if it eventually goes to ITEF). InCommon Ops does not see any problem from the federation manager point of view.

(AI) Nick will reply to Sir-T-Fi consultation list that this is something InCommon would encourage participants to adopt.

REFEDS 2016 work plan
https://wiki.refeds.org/display/WOR/2016+Work+Plan+Preparation

(AI) Keith will submit an item concerning portability of IDs as part of IdPs of last resort.

There was a discussion about submitting something concerning user consent, but it was decided that this is work item that InCommon needs to address internally for now, particularly working on a federation-level policy.

Draft TAC Charter

The TAC approved the draft charter. (AI) Steve will forward to Steering and ask for placement on their December 2015 agenda for approval.

There was discussion about membership for 2016. The proposal is to develop a recommended list for TAC members and forward that to Steering, but there was no consensus as to the process at this point. (AI) TAC will discuss this on the email list prior to the next meeting (December 10).

Ops Update

Tom Scavo reported on a number of eduGAIN-related and other items

  • The Roadmap for Operationalizing eduGAIN, which has been in the TAC wiki space, will now be made public

  • The technical policy rules page is in the TAC wiki space for comment prior to moving this to a public page

  • There is a proposed SAMl1 policy and procedure open for TAC comment. Included are these proposals

    • Not export SAML1-only entities

    • Not import SAML1-only entities

    • Deprecate SAML-1 

  • There are 5 SAML1-only IdPs and 47 SAML1-only SPs in the InCommon Federation. Tom Scavo has tried to open conversations with the IdPs

  • (AI) Tom Scavo will run a comparison of the 47 SAML1-only SPs in the InCommon with the SAML1-only SPs currently in eduGAIN metadata
  • (AI) TAC will discuss, via the email list, about the proposal that, for organizations with multiple IdPs in InCommon metadata, only zero or one will be exported.


Nick has two recommendations from the Ops review:

  1. Using JIRA to track requirements for software/systems changes - will use this to collect data to help build a case for additional resourcing

  2. Monthly all-InCommon staff meetings (first one in December)


Next Meeting - December 10, 2015 - 2 pm ET

  • No labels