Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

InCommon TAC Meeting Minutes

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Attending: Steve Camody, Ian Young, Nick Roy, Jim Jokl, Scott Cantor, Keith Hazelton, Tom Barton, Jim Basney, David Walker, Mike LaHaye

With: Tom Scavo, IJ Kim, Dean Woodbeck, Ann West, Steve Zoppi

Action Item

(AI) Steve Carmody will start a "recharter" strawman document, and Nick and Jim Jokl will help.

IAM Online Schedule

  • Feb 11, 2015 ­ TAC Working Group reports

  • Mar 11, 2015 ­ Scott Cantor on Shib IdP v.3

  • Mar 25, 2015 ­ TAC work plan

REFEDS

Metadata Registration Practice Statement

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/inctac/REFEDS+MRPS+Consultation

This is a template that REFEDS will release. The deadline for comment is Jan. 30. Tom Scavo has provided some comments and invites TAC members to do so as well. Ian mentioned that he has talked with Nicole about this and she clarified (in a post to the REFEDS list) that this is a template document for federations to adapt to their circumstances.

Proposed Charter for Metadata Distribution WG

Tom Scavo is developing this and will send email when it is ready for review.

TAC Membership

There was extensive discussion about the role of TAC and the expectations for TAC members. There was general agreement that it would be helpful to refocus on what TAC should do for InCommon and its need for technical expertise and guidance. It also may be helpful to define permanent working groups and also define one-time working groups that are currently needed. (AI) Steve Carmody will start a "recharter" strawman document, and Nick and Jim Jokl will help. It may be helpful to start by developing statements with the format: "InCommon is XXX" and "InCommon does XXX."

Next Meeting ­ Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015, 1 pm ET

 

  • No labels