spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

InCommon TAC Meeting 2015-01-08

Thursday, January 8, 2015
1:00pm ET | 12:00pm CT | 11:00am MT | 10:00am PT

Attending: Steve Carmody, Nick Roy, Ian Young, Jim Jokl, Scott Cantor, Mike LaHaye, Keith Hazelton, Tom Barton, Jim Basney, Steve Olshansky, Michael Gettes

With: Tom Scavo, Ann West, Steve Zoppi

Action Items

(AI) TAC members are asked to look at the REFEDS draft metadata registration practices statement and share any comments at the Jan. 22 TAC meeting. See https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/inctac/REFEDS+MRPS+Consultation

(AI) Steve, Ann, Dean and Michael will use the notes from this call to draft a proposal to address the key points (TAC member responsibilities, TAC transparency, and related processes).

(AI) For the next meeting, Steve will more the “2015 work plan” item higher on the agenda. There may also be reports from two working groups.

Organizational changes

John Krienke is now director of service management for all of Net+ including InCommon. The TAC thanked him for his years of service and enormous contributions to the growth of InCommo.

Ann West is now associate vice president for trust and identity and, as such, has overall responsibility for InCommon.

Steering Update

Steering welcomed three new members during its January meeting: Michele Norin (CIO, University of Arizona), Sean Reynolds (CIO, Northwestern University), and Pankaj Shah (executive director, OARnet). Steering will choose officers at its next meeting.

Jacob Farmer is now the chair of the AAC and, as such, is added to Steering for this year.

Steering had an extensive discussion about the need for all InCommon participants to attributes that carry directory information and has a small group developing a proposal to communicate about this issue. Steering is also looking at ways to continue to push for R&S adoption.

REFEDS Metadata Registration Practice Statement

REFEDS is seeking comment on a document regarding a metadata registration practice statement. REFEDS is calling this a template vs. a specification. (AI) TAC members are asked to look at the document and share any comments at the Jan. 22 TAC meeting. See https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/inctac/REFEDS+MRPS+Consultation

Hide from Discovery Category

REFEDS has published this category and Tom Scavo has developed a wiki page listing the requirements and explanations. This category is meant to be self asserted.

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/InCFederation/Hide+From+Discovery+Category

Tom has tested IdPs for responsiveness and has a list of non-responsive IdPs. He further develop a process for follow-up and communication with these IdPs with the end goal of tagging these as “hide from discovery.”

Metadata Distribution Working Group

Tom Scavo proposes reconvening the Metadata Distribution Working Group to discuss issues around moving per-entity metadata into production. There was consensus that this discussion needs to take place.

Adding New Members to TAC

There was a comprehensive discussion about the process of adding new members to TAC.

(AI) Steve, Ann, Dean and Michael will use the notes from this call to draft a proposal to address the key points (TAC member responsibilities, TAC transparency, and related processes.

(AI) For the next meeting, Steve will more the “2015 work plan” item higher on the agenda. There may also be reports from two working groups.

Next Meeting – Thursday, Jan. 22 – 1 pm ET

 

  • No labels