spaces.at.internet2.edu has been upgraded to Confluence 6.12.2. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at collaboration-support@internet2.edu
Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

InCommon Technical Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Attending: Scott Cantor, Steve Carmody, Michael Gettes, Ian Young, Keith Hazelton, Tom Barton, Paul Caskey

With: Joe St Sauver, Ann West, John Krienke, Tom Scavo, IJ Kim, Nate Klingenstein

Action Items

(AI) Scott Cantor will send the TAC email list a link to the CIC cloud cookbook
(AI) John Krienke will distribute a list of outcomes related to the MD-Distribution recommendations
(AI) Steve Carmody will send email to the TAC list to recruit a subcommittee to review pros and cons of an alternative IdP

Ops Update
  • Installing the redirect to the new metadata server on March 29, 2014
  • Migrating the Google Gateway to OpenID Connect and extending it to include more Internet2 service providers. Planning to extend the use of the gateway to all R&S SPs. Steve Carmody noted that Brown’s Grouper instance now uses the gateway to allow both Google and Facebook IDs.
  • The mutifactor IdP proxy is scheduled to go into production next week, starting with the InCommon RAs. The next step will be to roll this out to all site admins
Service Provider Category Update
  • R&S – The REFEDS steering committee has approved the REFEDS R&S specification and published on their website. InCommon will do a gap analysis of the REFEDS version and our version to determine whether we need to make changes.
  • Affiliation-Based Access – approved by Steering on March 4. Will inform REFEDS that this has occurred and let them know we are ready to operationalize.
Update from Steering

The inctac:two-page attachment outlines InCommon priorities (a distillation of the original TAC document). On March 4, Steering agreed on the intent to focus on one priority for the rest of 2014 (Increasing the value of InCommon participation). The Steering program subcommittee is using this document as a way to develop an ongoing planning/prioritization process.

Vetting of TAC Documents

This was deferred to the next call (March 13)

Metadata Distribution

John K will distribute a list of outcomes related to the MD-Distribution recommendations for the March 13 call.

Campus Requirements for Net+ Providers

There was a discussion about how to develop a list of IdM requirements for Net+ vendors – requirements that would make adoption much easier and would provide value to the campuses and to the vendors. The consensus is that Net+ should develop these requirements and see that these are adhered to during the service validation process. The suggestion is to use the CIC’s cloud adoption cookbook as a starting point, and that TAC develop a draft set of criteria with the goal of getting feedback from the community. It was suggested to involve Steve Zoppi in this process.

There was also discussion about providing more structure for the Net+ service validation process, perhaps with checklists, questions for the vendor to answer, and overall documentation of the process.

Pros and Cons of Alternative IdPs

Steve C will send email to recruit a subgroup to look at this topic.

Next Meeting – shifting week and time for next call

March 13 – 1 pm ET

  • No labels