SCIM, or Simple Cloud Identity Management, is a relatively new development. Its RESTful APIs make person identity attributes easily portable between sites. Thus the interest from Google, Salesforce, PingIdentity, VMware and Oracle.
- Patrick Harding, "Why SCIM over SPML? Why not?", Ping Talk Blog_, http://www.pingidentity.com/blogs/pingtalk/index.cfm/2011/4/29/Why-SCIM-Why-not-SPML
- Martin Kuppinger, "SCIM – will SPML shortcomings be reinvented?", http://blogs.kuppingercole.com/kuppinger/2011/04/23/scim-will-spml-shortcomings-be-reinvented/
- John Fontana, "From SPML churn rises new crack at provisioning standard", Ping Talk Blog, http://www.pingidentity.com/blogs/pingtalk/index.cfm/2011/4/22/SPML-churn-leaves-provisioning-proprietary
- SCIM Home http://www.simplecloud.info/
- SCIM Core Schema 1.0 - draft 1 http://www.simplecloud.info/specs/draft-scim-core-schema-01.html
- SCIM REST API - draft 1 http://www.simplecloud.info/specs/draft-scim-rest-api-01.html
- SCIM site on Google Code http://code.google.com/p/scim/