Capability and Component View of CIFER Reference Architecture
- Need an overall label at center top of diagram. Something different than just CIFER Overview. Something that ties back to the 5 major workstreams proposed in our marketing material.
- 5 Overarching CIFER Areas?
- 5 Major CIFER Focus Areas?
- Provisioning and Integration label should be same size and bolded as each of the other major areas.
- Put REST/SOAP in parentheses underneath web services label in all diagrams.
- Put commas between concepts in blue database drums and include etc. (i.e. Groups, Roles, Permissions, etc.) (Logs, Policy Configurations, etc.)
- Put P & I: Provisioning and Integration as a footnote or legend at the bottom off to the right side of the diagram. As is it seems to be a label for the diagram. (i.e. P & I = Provisioning and Integration)
- Change Console label to IAM Console for consistency throughout all diagrams.
- Put overall label at top center of the diagram. CIFER Identity Registry Focus Area?
- Change stick figures to some modern 3d clip art for a person in all diagrams
- Remove Grouper reference and make it generic "access management" label on right side of diagram. Why is there stacked bubbles for this? Does it imply multiple grouper installations?
- Remove Admin UI sub bubble in the IAM Console bubble.
- Put label in top center of diagram. CIFER Identity and Access Management Console
- I am fine with this color combination if others like it better than the green and blue orientation, but need to make all the diagrams consistent. I know it would take more effort but it would be good to have a separate color scheme for each of the 5 workstreams.
- Eliminate the Workflow under Web UI bubble. Workflow is already a capability around the database drum.
- Change Person Registry bubble to Identity Registry
- Since these stick figures represent different types of users might want to label each stick figure according to that type?
- Use a 3d stick figure clip art.
- The qualifier "Management" in each of the bubbles at the top and not just the P & I bubble.
- Put label in top center of diagram. CIFER Access Management Area of Focus
- Change Person Registry label in blue database drum to Identity Registry. Change color to blue to indicate a CIFER related database.
- Change all Grouper references to generic Access Mgmt reference
- Remove fine print acronyms under Subject API and Notifications. Or put them in parentheses.
- Not sure I understand Grouper Shell or Grouper Loader bubbles. Can these be changed to a generic Standard API reference? (i.e. Load Data API, User Interface API, etc.)
- Can Provision Service Provider be changed to Provisioning Service API?
- What is the Subject API? Subjects in the capabilities section around the middle database drum is something that does not resonate with me. Is there a better term to use?
- Simplify Grouper plugins in upper right to one generic rather than three separate. Use stacked bubbles, keep labels for each stacked bubble but indicate one Access Management Plugin.
- Remove Grouper label and icon from the middle of the green area and put as footnote at bottom of diagram indicating an "Implementation Option" for Access Management.
- Put label in top center of diagram. CIFER Authentication Area of Focus
- Should this have a similar right and left hand side P & I orientation like the other diagrams?
- Spell out SSO like on the overall diagram
- Remove the bubble from the middle of the green area and keep as separate legend or footnote to the diagram. Label the Jasig CAS, Shib, etc. bubble as "Implementation Options" for authentication and make choices into a bulleted list. Why are there stacked bubles at the bottom for web applications and grouper?
- Is the term SP in the InCommon Federation cloud recognizable? I assume it stands for Service Provider? Can actual representative names be used instead?
- Relabel Console to be IAM Console