Child pages
  • 8-12-11 Meeting Agenda and Notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Conference Call Info: Video Bridge 22102

  1. Dial the Auto Attendant at 812-856-7060
  2. Enter the conference number (22102) followed by the # key (e.g., 22102#)

Attendees

Who

With

Attended

Jimmy Vuccolo

PSU

(tick)

Renee Shuey

PSU

(tick)

Benn Oshrin

Internet2 / Various

(tick)

RL "Bob" Morgan

U. Washington / Internet2

(tick)

Eric Westfall

Indiana U / Kuali

(tick)

Aaron Neal

Indiana U / Kuali

(tick)

Matt Sargent

Kuali

(tick)

Agenda

  1. Introductions/Roll Call
  2. Goals
    1. Hampton's Template for Subcommittee Deliverables
  3. Organization
    1. meetings and members
    2. communication options
    3.  

Chunk Table Snippet

Priority

Chunk

Out of Scope

In Scope

Who

Deliverables

Next Steps

Due Date

1

Registries

relationships among objects

matching
ID store: schema, interfaces, object.,
Management functions
notification
reconciliation
merging
statefulness
multiple credentials
multiple identifiers

Jimmy, Renee, Benn, Eric, BobM, Aaron, Matt (convener)

Gap Analysis
Project definition
Scope
Recommendations

first call Fri Aug 12,
11am-12pm EDT

Report back by Sep 16

Notes (rough will clean up - MS)

  1. General Template review, we fell that it's a good fit with a revision of the ordering, Scope, then Reqs, and then Gap.
    1. Group Name: Person Registry
    2. Date: 8/12/2011
    3. Purpose of Group:  come up with plan to move forward of the current gaps in person registry, or better stated, identity registry; looking at options for developing single registry that could be open and used by various institutions/organizations.  moving forward to close the gaps by developing a registry
    4. Scope:  In Scope Items from the Chunking exercise
      1. matching
      2. ID store: schema, interfaces, object
      3. Management functions
      4. notification
      5. reconciliation
      6. merging
      7. statefulness
      8. multiple credential
      9. multiple identifiers
    5. Requirements/Principles of the Chunk/Module:
    6. Gap Analysis:
      1. Looking at the current options in the open source space and seeing where there are gaps against the in scope requirements above.
    7. Project Definition - Resources Needed, Outcome Expected, Timeline, : 
      1. explore the open source and commercial offerings against our scope and requirements.
      2. Make a grid with requirements on the left and options across the top to give a high level look at what matches up and where the gaps are. 
    8. Recommendations: coming after the above 
  2. Group Name, Date, and Purpose are self-explanatory
  3. Scope
    1. Matching - Benn search for matching of existing entries in the registry at the time of entry.  example like google search with intelligent searching to account for misspellings. having options on how the matching logic is done per application.
    2. ID store: Jimmy schema, object.
      1. persistent storage of identity
      2. multiple credentials - after some discussion it was decided that multiple credentials and identifiers are really functions of the ID store and not separate on their own.  As such they've been regrouped.
      3. multiple identifiers- after some discussion it was decided that multiple credentials and identifiers are really functions of the ID store and not separate on their own.  As such they've been regrouped.
      4. interfaces - workflow, how HR or Student interacts with the data store.  service interfaces.
    3. Registration - Benn open options to how the data gets into the registry regardless of batch or tools/screen.  Benn notes that this is referred to enrollment in other areas.
    4. Management functions  - Jimmy data management, changes, updates, etc. via tools.  keep in mind the options of password reset, etc. are there options out there already in the open source space that handles this. self-service is another this to keep in mind, user self-management
      1. Data management - data flow and normalization; multiple systems of record (legacy in all CAPS) making it not that way in the registry, only getting one name from an external system; data management types of activity.  maybe lumped in with registration? logic and rules (life cycle rules). a rules engine being available would be nice of this.
    5. Notification - Jimmy notifications based on action or data being affected, ties to provisioning. merges, address changes, etc. that need to be part of an event stream
    6. Reconciliation - Benn
    7. Merging - at full identity level. keep the topics of automatic/administratively in mind
    8. Statefulness - Bob affiliation life cycle. the triggers behind the scene etc. policy management is kind of a level up, but still vague
      1. Assurance Profiles - triggers associated with the assurance process in who or where the data is coming in and how trusted it is
    9. The scope is subject to change as we look at our requirements
  4. TARGET Audience - is this targeted at Institutions only or are we looking to explore beyond that?
    1. what is the size of the entity we are targeted at?
    2. Higher Ed, Virtual Organizations, Civil Organizations, Medical (med schools w/local hospitals, etc.)
      1. This could branche out into compliance issues, etc.
    3. does it make sense to have more than one product in this space if we go to just one audience
    4. Need to talk about later and have a recommendation
  5. Members - are there other folks that we need to have in future meetings.  
    1. We might want to invite Jeremy Rosenberg from SFU (Benn has a call into him next week, will check his interest).  
    2. Steve Carmody from Brown might have interest and be someone to talk to. 
  6. For our next meeting should we break up the reqs… 
    1. Benn looking on the Reconciliation, Registration, Matching schtuff
    2. Jimmy - Management Functions, ID Store, Notifications
    3. Eric and Aaron  - Matching, Merging
    4. Bob - Statefulness/Lifecycyle (with Renee on the Assuance part)
  7. Need to put together a page with a template for the reqs
  8. Next meeting, same time weekly
  • No labels