Component Architects WG
Review of primary objectives for the Campus Success Program Working Groups
- Bulk loading of identities
- Grouper and what folks would like to add
- one request was for the ability to add a single subject into Grouper (opposite from big Group Load)
- Midpoint and adoption of it, onboarding , developing requirements
- Sustainability and support for TIER products- manage vendor relationships
- for the good of open source
- blogs coming at least once a month
- Dev ops deployment guide for campuses
- Review of Shibboleth UI Work and Next Steps (Unicon)
- Resourcing Discussions by EOY2018 and Beyond
- Must decide about naming of COmanage, when it's not used as the registry
- Global Summit Objectives
- Campus Success Program F2F on Thursday
- Trust & Identity Showcase work
- Review Timeline and Functionality of Internet2’s implementation / Campus Success Program-driven work
- Implications and Clarifications re: Cloud Connect (which will become a new standing item)
DataStructures/API - Entity Registry WGs
- Began planning for demonstrations at the Global Summit Trust & Identity Showcase sessions
- Continued development of Identity Match Implementation
- Began developing architecture guidelines for midPoint / COmanage cooperation and/or integration.
- Collaborated with the Big Ten Academic Alliance on the TIER Provisioning Fit/Gap
- Participated with the TIER Campus Success Program schools in a F2F to develop specialized short-term work initiative to identify and address specific issues for their projects such as Banner integration.
- Review and develop detailed plan for Trust & Identity Showcase sessions at Global Summit
- Review work for Person Registry - Next steps
- Finalize the schema for minimal person between Systems of Record and the Person Registry
- API & Messaging Specifications
- ID Match API calls
- Event triggering
- Plan for a TIER Registry Deployment Guide
- Begin work on Credential Management
- Begin supporting work with the Campus Success Program Banner Onboarding WG
- Develop updated inventory of APIs
- Reviewed requirements for the Shibboleth UI metadata tool Phase 2 development effort
- Continued review of logging requirements
- Continued work on packaging a TIER midPoint container
- Worked on additional documentation updates for COmanage and Grouper packages.
- Participated with the TIER Campus Success Program schools in a F2F to develop specialized short-term work initiative to identify and address specific issues for their projects around packaging/logging.
- Continued work to create logging standards. The original specification we created would not work well for all use cases. A new, more flexible specification is almost complete.
- Completed the work to specify the midPoint container and started began preparation of documents for discussion with Evolveum.
- Completed independent specification for how TIER-compatible containers are to be designed.
- Continued to solicit testers/deployers for the various components.
BTAA and TIER Collaboration Provisioning and De-Provisioning
- Product evaluations: we’re finishing up the creation of evaluation questions to help us evaluate the functionality of various provisioning engines. The results of our evaluations will help us create best practices that are supported by today’s software offerings, discover additional best practices from how products perform various tasks, and provide a product comparison chart for those getting ready to implement a provisioning solution. We’ll also see what today’s software can’t do and hopefully provide a list of needed functionality to the TIER developers.
- SCIM schema cataloging: We’re collecting extensions that have been made to SCIM’s schema to have a comprehensive understanding of SCIM’s uses and vocabulary. We hope this work can benefit TIER’s developers and the community in general.
- Bulk transaction API requirements: based on needs from TIER and discussions at the TIER Campus Success Program face-to-face, the TIER developers would like to create API calls for handling transactions on large numbers of identities in bulk. This working group is gathering use cases from a number of sources that we can use to create a write-up of requirements. We’ll pass those requirements to the TIER API WG to implement.
- We've created a Github repo for collecting SCIM schema requirements: https://github.internet2.edu/tier/scim-schema. Keith H kindly provided a JSON version of the SCIM core schema which we've added to the repo. We're currently searching for extensions but haven't found any so far. Any contributions are welcomed and should be sent to KeithWessel.
- We completed a set of use cases for a bulk provisioning API. After reviewing these, the TIER API WG doesn't believe that such an API is necessary. They've posted their responses at the bottom of our wiki page: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/koFyBw. The use cases will help to be a good exercise to test if existing TIER APIs can support them.
- We're working on our provisioning engine evaluations which will help to guide provisioning best practices that we document.
- Ethan and Jeff are trying out our evaluation questions by doing an evaluation of Midpoint.
- The group is working on an evaluation process and template to guide and simplify evaluations. We'll soon be looking for community members to evaluate both open source and commercial provisioning engines. Interested volunteers should contact Keith Wessel.