This is the central project wiki space for Phase 2 and subsequent Phases of the Internet2 Collaboration Platform development.
Develop and evolve an Internet2 Identity Access Management (IAM) system, based on the InCommon Trusted Access Platform middleware, for Federated access and authorization to Internet2 resources both internal and Community-facing. A goal is to streamline processes and workflows for collaborations and business activities dependent on those resources. Google social identities are included via the Cirrus Gateway for those who do not have a Federated identity and require access to collaborative resources.
- Phase 1 was completed in August 2018 with the primary objective of transitioning the Confluence wiki space to have identities and associated authorizations to be managed by the collaboration platform.
- Phase 2 will roll out a number of new user features and include integration of additional components to provide a richer Identity Access Management capability. New features will go to product via Continuous Integration (CI) in small upgrades and new user application milestones.
- Collaboration Platform Support, Operations and Identity Management roles and responsibilities will be identified as part of Phase 2 include more sophisticated user Authorization and Entitlement management through groups.
Project Team and Roles
- The goal is to break down the project roles such that small groups can focus on development, testing and operations tasks for which they are SMEs for efficiency. All decisions/outcomes will be open and shared with everyone.
- T & I Architects have primary responsibility for identity architecture, planning and development and TSG for operations and support with a model that will likely evolve over time as the platform expands to include additional services and provide value to groups across Internet2 and the Community.
- RACI (in progress)
- Regular architectural project planning and development meetings happen weekly with additional weekly scrums to be scheduled in March 2019 to plan Continuous Integration from Development to Staging and Production, review support issues, and provide brief updates on the planning status.
- Regular progress reports will be developed. Currently, general project status is updated in the Trust & Identity Project Portfolio wiki.
User Facing Documentation
Roadmap / Project Plans
Internal Technical Documentation
Phase 1 Resources
Phase 1 Development Documentation
- TSG GDRIVE Artifacts from Phase 1 (this needs to be reviewed as we re-evaluate requirements etc., as much may be closely applicable to Phase 2 with minor updates)
- Phase 1 meeting notes
Phase 1 Overview Documentation
- Internet2 Collaboration Platform Overview (this document likely will be deprecated but has some good reference information like the old roadmap)
- Version 1 Release Goals (this was last edited Mar 2018 and pretty much reflects what the team accomplished at a slightly delayed date)
- Original Project Plan Document (this original document will be superseded by this new Project Wiki)