Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- PEER ("the service" in what follows) will accept registration of SAML metadata by a registrant who is the domain owner of the domain associated with the SAML metadata entityID hostname.
- The service will make all valid registered metadata available to all consumers equally, unfiltered and unrestricted.
- The service will not impose restrictions on the type of metadata registered but will perform schema validation based on a controlled set of technologies including SAML 2.0 Interoperable Metadata Profile, OpenID and IMI along will a set of widely deployed extensions.
- The service will publish syntactially correct metadata but will not perform any semantic validation. It is expected that consumers of metadata from the service will perform additional testing against the locally deployed technical environment. In particular it is expected that metadata published by the service be consumed by a local metadata distribution point (eg a federation operator) and not by end-entities directly.
- The service will minimally support managing key rollover and will probably support updating organization name and contact information for individual entities.
- The level of assurance of the entities registered in the system is based on demonstrated ownership of the domain. Consumers of the metadata are expected to understand this.
- The service is not intended to address the privacy aspects of services represented by registered metadata. Consumers of metadata are expected to address privacy considerations including management of attribute release policies.
- Registrants must be aware that they are making their metadata available for publication without constraint and that registered metadata will be publicly available to all consumers. Consumers may constrain what information they import from the system.