Welcome to the Metaverse Working Group!
Advances in immersive head mounted displays are driving us toward a liminal point in terms of adoption and utilization of virtual environments. These trends will have profound implications for the fundamental nature how we share information and collaborate. The research and education community is uniquely positioned to catalyze the creation of an open, interoperable, standards-based "Metaverse" of linked virtual environments that leverage these technologies. Standards exist today, but many unsolved problems remain in areas including security, identity, and distributed architecture. This working group has the specific goal of implementing standards-based, interoperable, interlinked virtual environments.
2017 Meeting Schedule
The Metaverse Working Group meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST.
1/11, 2pm ET
2/1, 2pm ET
3/1, 2pm ET
4//24, IN PERSON at Internet2 Global Summit
5/3, 2pm ET
6/7, 2pm ET
Collaboration Tools for Members
- Listserv mailing list - https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/subscribe/metaverse
- Bluejeans web conferencing - https://bluejeans.com/133355606
- Confluence Wiki - Metaverse Working Group Home
- Box shared folder - https://uc.app.box.com/files/0/f/11955920125/Internet2_Metaverse_Working_Group_
- Slack - Request invitation
Recent space activity