Note that this page has been deprecated. The information it contains is no longer current.
2016 Holiday Technology Checklist for InCommon Site Administrators
Mark your calendars now! The Internet2 offices will be closed from 5:00pm ET, Thursday, December 22, 2016 to 8:00am ET, Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Reduced metadata processing will occur during this holiday period as follows:
Reduced Metadata Signing Schedule
NOTE WELL! Metadata processing and signing will occur on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at approximately Noon ET! No other metadata signings are scheduled during the holiday period!
See the published InCommon Hours of Operation for more information.
Scheduled maintenance on the Federation Manager
You may want to add these items to your holiday shopping list
- Upgrade to Shibboleth IdP V3 now!
- Support the global Research & Scholarship Category!
- Information for SP owners wishing to apply for R&S
- Information for IdP operators wanting to support R&S SPs
- See: List of Research and Scholarship Entities as of 1/27/2017
- Support the InCommon Federated Error Handling Service!
- Migrate to the REFEDS security contact
- Simply touch your metadata ("Edit" => "Save" => "Submit") to convert an existing security contact to the new REFEDS syntax
- To check if your metadata includes a legacy security contact, see: List of Entities with Legacy Security Contacts
- Is your IdP discoverable?
- Tweak your IdP DisplayName in metadata (if necessary)
- Add a Logo URL to IdP metadata (and publish a favicon on your IdP server)
- Learn more about the Hide From Discovery Category
- Harden the TLS configuration on your IdP server
- Analyze the TLS configuration of your IdP server using SSL Labs