Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

CTAB Wed. Sept  11, 2019


  • Mary Catherine Martinez, InnoSoft (chair)  
  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska  
  • Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus, University of Chicago  
  • Brad Christ, Eastern Washington University
  • Eric Goodman, UCOP - TAC Representative to CTAB 
  • Jon Miner, University of Wisc - Madison 
  • John Pfeifer, University of Maryland 
  • Chris Whalen, Research Data and Communication Technologies 
  • Albert Wu, Internet2 
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2 
  • Jessica Coltrin, Internet2

Regrets

  • David Bantz, University of Alaska (vice chair)
  • Tom Barton, University Chicago and Internet2   
  • Chris Hable, University of Michigan
  • John Hover, Brookhaven National Lab 
  • Adam Lewenberg, Stanford  
  • Ann West, Internet2


Action Items from this call

  • AI Albert  take documents  from April regarding Error URL and Encryption and use those as a foundation for BE v2 documents
  • AI Albert  start a document to surface the concerns on R&S, similar to what Albert has drafted  for REFEDs MFA. Albert will reach out to Brad Christ to help with this
  • AI EricG  list issues he has run into and other issues for REFEDS MFA

Discussion

CTAB activities at 2019 TechEx

  • InCommon Baseline Update (Jon) Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019 at 9AM - Baseline past, present, future?
      • Dean is coordinating these updates. 
      • 20 minutes for Baseline Expectations related updates.  
      • Nick and Albert will do the federation updates. 
      • CTAB members (David, Brett, Rachana)  should do the CTAB updates 
      • We may want to propose an ACAMP session for deeper discussion on Baseline Expectations v2. 


 

Baseline Expectations  V2

  • Next steps are to create official document for BE v2, with goal for before end of Sept. 2019
  • Could take 2 months do consensus process and the consultation
  • Then TechEx could be a milestone for wrapping up consultation.
  • No CTAB meeting in 2019 after TECH Ex in December


  • Baseline 2020 - Forming sub groups to flesh out individual items - need assignees/takers to work on topics


    • Sirtfi - Sirfi/CTAB task force (Albert to convene) - awaiting Tom’s return for follow up calls: any additional interested parties? 
    • Concern on what the Federation operator does

    • Error URL, Encryption - ??  Who will lead this? 
    • Suggestion to start the document and then all contribute
    • Much of this is already captured in documents from April 
    • AI Albert  take documents from April regarding Error URL and Encryption and use as a foundation for BE v2 documents
    • R&S 
      • Need more context on what R&S is really for and when it’s appropriate to use?
      • Better explained if there were other comparable entity category/bundles… for example, what’s emerging from SeamlessAccess
      • Rachana is interested in this. There are privacy questions that arise, 
      • AI Albert will start a document to surface the concerns on R&S, similar to what Albert has drafted  for REFEDs MFA. Reach out to Brad Christ to help with this

CTAB Recruiting for 2020 - what kind of skills/representation do we need in coming years?

  • 1 member term ends in 2019, Chris Whalen
    • What are possible areas CTAB will become involved in in 2020 - additional entity categories? Privacy framework (see NIST Privacy framework)
      https://www.nist.gov/document/nistprivacyframeworkpreliminarydraftpdf 
    • CTAB members list and replacement cycle: https://incommon.org/community/leadership/, click to open CTAB
    •  CTAB Charter http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.94.1
    • There should be 7-13 members of CTAB, according to the CTAB charter
    • Currently there are 10 voting members of CTAB
    • Chris W is rolling off at end of 2019
    • It would be ideal to bring in 4 new members to CTAB this year, so about the same # of members will roll off each year.
    • Historically CTAB has been heavy on the IDP side. Helpful to have more SP representatives
    • Would also be good to have some small private IDPs represented  on CTAB
    • ChrisW will reach out to a contact.
    •   AI Jessica will discuss with Ann whether a non InCommon member would be eligible for CTAB membership (done)
    •  
    • Jessica has developed a Common Process for Recruiting across InCommon Committees
    • Jessica will develop a common solicitation with a blurb from each committee


Next CTAB Call: Wed. Sept 25

 

  • No labels