Internet2 is investigating a security incident involving a compromise to a confluence server that affected https://spaces.at.internet2.edu on April 10, 2019, which was successfully mitigated on April 12, 2019. If you did not receive an email from us, it’s unlikely that any of the content you submitted to the Internet2 Spaces Wiki needs to be re-entered. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please email collaboration-support@internet2.edu.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

CTAB  Call of Wed. Jan. 23, 2019

 Attending

  • Mary Catherine Martinez, InnoSoft (chair)

  • Brett Bieber, University of Nebraska

  • David Bantz, University of Alaska  

  • Tom Barton, University Chicago and Internet2

  • Albert Wu, Internet2  

  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2   

  • John Hover, Brookhaven National Lab -  guest

  • John Pfeifer, University of Maryland  - guest

Regrets

  • Chris Hable, University of Michigan

  • Chris Whalen, Research Data and Communication Technologies

  • Jon Miner, University of Wisc - Madison

  • Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus, University of Chicago

  • Adam Lewenberg , Stanford

  • Ann West, Internet2  

Action Items

  • [AI] (Albert) assign the unresponsive orgs to CTAB members to do outreach

  • [AI]  (Albert) update the private docket to indicate when contact info is missing

  • [AI]  (Albert) draft text and share with CTAB, asking the community for contact info where it’s missing

  • [AI] I (MC ) email CTAB with  the link to the google sheet where CTAB members can claim an  outreach assignment

  • [AI]  (Albert) coordinate with Dean to report on BE for next  Trust and Identity Newsletter


DISCUSSION

Misc

  • Slack Channel for CTAB members was established

  • Roadmap planning follow up - call with MC, Tom, Rachana, Adam, and Albert scheduled for January 25, 2019 at  10 AM pacific time

    • This call will look at assigning risks and priorities, creating a timeline for CTAB work, managing expectations, planning

    • Please let Albert know if you want to join the Jan 25 call

Vice Chair Election

  • Thank you to David Bantz for stepping up to be Vice Chair of CTAB.

  • CTAB Charter http://doi.org/10.26869/TI.94.1

  • [AI] MC email  CTAB to get a vote for David B as vice chair (DONE)

Baseline Expectations Dispute Resolution - Docket Review

  • This list is meant to be public, though it is not yet public

  • Concern about listing those who have requested an extension

  • No automatic way of removing the orgs who have been granted an extension

  • [AI] Albert will  list on the page those  who have requested an extension and then make public list public

  • Could also list those for whom there is progress, and discussions are underway

  • All on the CTAB call support making the public list public

  • [AI] Albert coordinate with Dean to report on BE for next  Trust and Identity Newsletter

  • There is a  private docket is for internal use only. It lists orgs and their current status.

    • This docket provides links to detailed pages that allow for comments 


If all outreach attempts fail, eventually the orgs not meeting Baseline Expectations get “escalated” to Steering to be removed from metadata.

  • Suggestion to assign the outreach responsibilities to CTAB members.

  • [AI]  (Albert) will assign the unresponsive orgs to CTAB members to do outreach

  •  CTAB members should put a comment on the  google doc “next step” column if they know somebody at the institution

  • [AI] (MC) will email CTAB with  the link to the google sheet where CTAB members can claim an  outreach assignment

  • What methodology to do the outreach? Should exec contact  be listed on the wiki page?

  • Albert:  we don’t have good contact info in many instances. We are hoping for info from the community on whom to contact

  • MC suggests we try calling the main IT Help Desk to get contact info when it’s missing

  • [AI]  (Albert)  update the private docket to indicate when contact info is missing

  • [AI]  (Albert)   draft text and share with CTAB, asking the community for contact info where it’s missing


  • Suggestion to add a comment and change status to indicate outreach activities

  • Eventually we will move the “closed” items off the private wiki


  • Currently there are  69 orgs not meeting Baseline Expectations

  • Q: What date should we work towards to stop our efforts at outreach and move organization that have not met BE along to Steering for removal from metadata?

  • See doc on transitioning the community

  • Suggestion to cut off the outreach effort in mid March 2019 timeframe

  • Thanks to Albert for all the  work on the dockets


Next CTAB call:  Wed. Jan 30, 2019


 

  • No labels