InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop
November 7-8, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm (ET)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
5601 Fishers Lane
North Bethesda, Maryland 20852
Register at www.incommon.org/shibtraining
Are you interested in learning how to install and configure the Shibboleth SAML SSO/Federation Software? Do you need to upgrade to IdPv3? Would you like to see how the containerized TIER version of the Shibboleth IdP can simplify your installation and configuration?
Join us for the InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop November 7-8 at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Conference Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The registration deadline is October 20.
The two-day training covers both the Identity Provider and Service Provider software, as well as some integration issues. We will also introduce you to the TIER (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) version of the Shibboleth IdP, which is delivered via a Docker container and is pre-configured to work well with InCommon. The workshop focuses on installing and deploying IdPv3 and the Shibboleth Service Provider. Here is what you can expect:
• A two-day, directed self-paced workshop
• Hands-on installation of the identity provider and service provider software
• Experienced trainers providing overviews and one-on-one help
• Discussions on configuration and suggested practices for federation
• Attendance is limited to 40
The workshops will offer the chance to:
• Install a prototype Shibboleth identity and service provider in a virtual machine environment
• Gain experience with the Docker container version of the Shibboleth IdP (the TIER version)
• Discuss how to configure and run the software in production
• Learn about integration with other identity management components such as LDAP and selected service providers
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended. Organizations are encouraged to send one or two attendees who best represent the following functions:
• System install, integration, and ongoing support staff
• Campus technology architects
To learn more about Shibboleth, see the Shibboleth wiki (wiki.shibboleth.net). More information on federated identity can be found at www.incommon.org.