Register Now for InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop in Durham, North Carolina
February 4-5, 2016
MCNC - Durham, NC
Registration is open for the InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop, February 4-5, 2016, at the MCNC offices in Durham, North Carolina. This two-day training session covers both the Identity Provider and Service Provider software, as well as some integration issues. The IdP portion of the workshop is based on the new IdPv3.
Shibboleth has changed and we will focus the training sessions on people who wish to learn about and eventually deploy the new version. Those interested in upgrading from v2.x will also find value, but we will mainly cover IdPv3 as an independent topic to ensure we deliver the clearest content possible. Here is what you can expect:
- A two-day, directed self-paced workshop
- Hands-on installation of the identity provider and service provider software
- Experienced trainers providing overviews and one-on-one help
- Discussions on configuration and suggested practices for federation
- Attendance is limited to 40
The workshops will offer the chance to:
- Install a prototype Shibboleth identity or service provider in a virtual machine environment
- Discuss how to configure and running the software in production
- Learn about integration with other identity management components such as LDAP and selected service providers
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended. Organizations are encouraged to send one or two attendees who best represent the following functions:
- System install, integration, and ongoing support staff
- Campus technology architects
For more information and a link to register, go to www.incommon.org/shibtraining.
To learn more about Shibboleth, see the Shibboleth wiki (wiki.shibboleth.net). More information on federated identity can be found at www.incommon.org.