InCommon and CLAC (the Consortium of Liberal Arts Colleges) are collaborating on an InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, on June 23-24. We have four spot available and open to anyone who wants to attend. To register, go to https://service5.internet2.edu/reg/events/shib15-062/registrations
Read on for details on the Shibboleth installation workshop, or see www.incommon.org/shibtraining.
We will focus the training sessions on people who wish to learn about and eventually deploy the new IdPv3. Those interested in upgrading from v2.x will also find value, but we will mainly cover IdPv3 as an independent topic to ensure we deliver the clearest content possible.
- Two-day, directed self-paced workshop
- You will install the identity provider and service provider software
- Experienced trainers provide overviews and one-on-one help
- Discussions on configuration and suggested practices for federation
- Attendance is limited to 20
The workshop will offer the chance to:
- Install a prototype Shibboleth identity or service provider in a virtual machine environment
- Discuss how to configure and running the software in production
- Learn about integration with other identity management components such as LDAP and selected service providers
Knowledge of identity management concepts and related implementation experience is strongly recommended. Organizations are encouraged to send one or two attendees who best represent the following functions:
- System install, integration, and ongoing support staff
- Campus technology architects