Subject: Updated InCommon Assurance v1.2 Documents Available for Public Review
Available now are proposed revisions to the foundational documents of the InCommon Assurance Program. The candidate v1.2 releases of the InCommon Identity Assurance Assessment Framework (IAAF) and the InCommon Identity Assurance Profiles (IAP) are open for community comment now through 5pm ET May 7, 2012. Please see the
- Assurance 1.2 Specification Review (https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/KYXNAQ) for the documents,
- InCommon Assurance 1.2 Review Guide (https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/T4XNAQ) for details about what's changed and
- FAQ (https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/4oXNAQ) for additional information about the revisions and process.
The revisions to the IAP primarily address the US Government need for rapid ubiquitous deployment of Bronze. Updates to the IAAF clarify audit reporting.
Community Discussions have been scheduled:
Thursday April 19 Noon ET - Introduction to the release candidates
- join https://internet2.adobeconnect.com/inc-assurance for slide sharing
- to participate in the conversation, also dial in (734-615-7474 or 866-411-0013. Use the PIN: 0121683#).
Wednesday May 3 Noon ET - Monthly Assurance Call: Final discussion on release candidates
- to participate in the conversation, also dial in (734-615-7474 or 866-411-0013. Use the PIN: 0113802#).
The community wishes to thank the schools that have been working on these updates – the Committee for Institutional Cooperation (CIC)'s Silver Audit team, which includes the Big Ten plus the University of Chicago, along with the University of Washington and Virginia Tech. The University of California schools have also been engaged in providing audit feedback. We also wish to thank the review committee for updates to the framework and accompanying profiles, and the auditor representatives on the Assurance Advisory Committee for providing guidance for their peers.
General information about the Assurance program can be found at assurance.incommon.org.
Mary Dunker, Chair
Assurance Advisory Committee
Jack Suess, Chair
InCommon Steering Committee