Slides from Wolverine Versus Grouper Presentation at Technology Exchange in Denver, December 2022
Grouper 2.5.5 Integration
Adobe Use Case
Automated provisioning for Adobe Creative Cloud and Spark U-M licenses. Adobe access policy groups use reference groups with current Institutional Role data which are provisioned daily to eDirectory. Grouper also allows for a 30 day grace period before people who have lost their entitlement to Adobe licensing are removed.
Virtual Sites Use Case
Automated provisioning for Virtual Sites, a tool that allows faculty, staff, and students to access a full Campus Computing Sites Windows desktop virtual desktop from any device. Virtual Sites access policy group is composed of up-to-date institutional role data and automatically synced to Active Directory daily. There is a 30 day grace period before people who have lost their entitlement to Virtual Sites are removed.
Check out these blogs and presentations:
- Slides from 2018 Technology Exchange on Opportunities and Challenges Implementing Grouper https://meetings.internet2.edu/media/medialibrary/2018/10/24/20181016-hoekenga-umich-yearwithtier.pdf
- Maslow's Hammer https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/qQYmBw
- Groveling before Grouper https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/_IVQB
- University of Michigan presented on their Grouper deployment at the Feb. 14, 2018 IAM Online webinar. See the slides: https://www.incommon.org/docs/iamonline/20180214_IAMOnline.pdf and recorded webinar: http://internet2.adobeconnect.com/p03kw4etow2t/
- March 2018 Update U-M March Update (Grouper)
University of Michigan participated in the TIER Campus Success Program.