UMD is running Grouper in production as of October 2016.
- October 2016 - Deployed version 2.2.2 to production
- July 2017 - Upgraded to 2.3.0
- Overview of UMD's Grouper implementation as of October 2018: UMD CCTG Grouper Fall 2018.pdf
Structure of UMD folders at a high level.
- Application Roles - groups which are provisioned or consumed by external applications to determine access
- Departmental Groups - groups which are created as-needed by users to link other groups together
- Enterprise - org structures generated by daily SQL loaders
- UMCP Departments
- UMCP HR Workgroups
- Product Roles - groups which are shared by application roles in a standard pattern
- CAS authentication (Grouper UI)
- LDAP authentication (Grouper WS) - currently only in DEV & QA
- Custom Change Log Consumers
Database Updater for Tableau (decommissioned)
- Web Services
Other DIT Web Applications
- LDAP Provisioning (PSPNG)
Business Office Ticketing System
Build and Deployment
UMD uses Maven for dependency management in Java applications. This factors heavily into our standard build process in Bamboo, and Grouper at UMD has been customized to fit our infrastructure.