UC Berkeley Deployed Grouper in Summer 2014.
- What usage scenarios are you using Grouper to solve?
- User creates a Special Purpose Account, a delegated account allowing users to login using their own credentials. Grouper is used to store the user groups authorizing use of the SPA.
- Admin controls access to their app using a combination of adhoc and official data driven groups.
- User sends email to official data driven or adhoc groups via central message app or google groups.
- Application determines user affiliations via isMemberOf attribute in LDAP which has been provisioned by Grouper
- Admin manages AD application security groups via groups provisioned from Grouper.
- User is authorized to access to Service Providers via official or adhoc groups using IsMemberOf or entitlement attributes
- Duo second factor is enforced using IsMemberOf group info
- How does Grouper fit into your environment? Do you also run another authorization management app? Did Grouper displace an existing centralized authorization management application?
- Grouper is our only authorization management app.
- What integrations have been integrated with Grouper?
- Grouper provisions groups to AD LDAP, OpenDJ LDAP and Google groups
- Several apps provision group information via the web services interface which are pushed to the above systems.
- What customizations to Grouper have you applied? Custom UI?
- Our Change Log Consumers are custom.
- Utilizing Unicon's https://github.com/Unicon/grouper-provisioning-target-ui which allows Grouper users to select which downstream systems to provision their groups.
- What EFT is used to maintain? What’s the EFT’s skillset to run/maintain Grouper?
- .25 FTE
- general sysadmin plus programming skills for Change Log Consumers
- How long do you retain your audit/point in time tables? What is your current database size?
- We haven't removed any PIT tables yet.
- DB size is 24 GB
For more info, firstname.lastname@example.org