SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory has embarked on a program to replace a number of IAM systems with Internet2 ITAP components. The Grouper component is one of the first to be investigated for adoption as it requires the fewest pre-requisite changes before it can provide a visible benefit for the program.
The first phase of deployment is to supplement existing NIS/LDAP groups, which are maintained using manual/scripted process today.
- Provide automation around affiliation status events
- Simplify delegation of group management tasks
- Provide web services interface or loaders for managing experiment groups
- Provision groups to Active Directory
- Eventual retirement of NIS (YP commands)