In Grouper 2.5.0 patches we will support BLOBS in the database. Here are some ideas
- Use this for reports, workflow forms, etc
Have a table with the following cols
Table: GROUPER_LOB Column Type Description id varchar(40) uuid the_content_blob blob whatever needs to be stored in blob form used_from varchar(40) e.g. "attribute". If used by other things
then put a different label in
content_size_bytes number(12) number of bytes the clob uses create_time number(12) millis since 1970 when this was created creator_id varchar(40) member_id of creator file_name varchar(200) optional file name modify_time number(12) millis since 1970 when this was updated modifier_id varchar(40) member_id of last updater revision_number number(12)
starting with 1, increment each time the content
- Add an attribute value type of "blob"
Add a column to grouper_attribute_assign_value
Column Type Description grouper_lob_id varchar(40) id col of the GROUPER_LOB table
- We need a temp dir and lobs will stream from files to database and back. Will be in a unique directory. Will get cleaned out if older than X days. Process that uses the LOB should also delete when done.
- If we need LOB to persist longer than can be moved to another directory for their prupose
- Have a UI to give some support to lobs for admins
Add a clob to grouper_config table
Column Type Description data_type varchar(20) value or clob config_value_clob clob value if longer than 3.5k config_value_clob_bytes number(12) size of clob in bytes