Membership Enabled and Disabled (Start/End) Dates
- Membership assignments and attributes/permissions can have enabled/disabled dates where the assignment might be enabled in the future, or disabled after a certain period of time
- Enabled/disabled dates are supported through the UI, web services, and gsh.
- The Grouper loader daemon is required for processing the registry periodically to set the enabled/disabled flag based on dates
- Here is the Jira issue
Example of assigning these via GSH:
* Example configuration in grouper-loader.properties
* Example gsh call for testing
- Enabled/disabled dates are called Start and End Dates in the UI.
Group Enabled and Disabled (Start/End) Dates as of Grouper v2.5+
- Grouper supports having enabled/disabled dates set on groups as of version 2.5.
- This is also supported through the UI, web services, and gsh.
- When a group is expired or unexpired, the result is propagated to memberships, privileges (except admin privileges), and attributes. In other words, those objects are also expired or unexpired.
- Here is the Jira issue which contains more details on the changes that were made.
- You can edit enabled/disabled dates in the UI when editing a group:
See the Overview of Access Management Features page for guidelines of when to use rules, roles, permission limits, and enabled / disabled dates.