This document lists instructions for people with existing groups installations on how to upgrade to newer versions of grouper (or grouper related products). If you notice something missing please let us know. The instructions are in descending order based on date/release. You will find instructions below for Grouper, Grouper-ws, Grouper-ui, etc. It is assumed if you are running grouper-ui that you will perform both the grouper upgrade notes, and the grouper-ui upgrade notes. It is understood that you will get the new source/javadoc/etc files, this document addresses configurations, jars, etc. Note that for major upgrades, you should follow the upgrade steps. For minor upgrades, that instructions should be sufficient.
- 2010/05/16: v1.6 trunk: Get latest jars
- 2010/05/15: Get the latest commons-jexl.jar and subject.jar from lib/grouper
- 2010/05/01: Get the smack jar, the two slf4j jars, commons-codec, commons-httpclient, and the new commons-io
- 2010/01/04: Get the latest xpp3_min.jar from lib/grouper
- 2010/03/26: v1.6 HEAD: compare the grouper.properties with the grouper.example.properties and get the readonly property
- 2010/02/17: v1.6 HEAD: For subject virtual attributes, merge the sources.example.xml with your sources.xml for new docs, and if you implement a source, you should follow the instructions here
- 2010/02/17: v1.6 HEAD: Note, the commons-jexl.jar was moved to the API.
- 2010/05/16: v1.6 trunk: Add this to the web.xml for status checking of Grouper
- 2010/01/04: v1.6 HEAD: Note, xpp3_min.jar was moved to grouper API