As of Grouper v2.5+ it is required to use the InCommon Trusted Access Platform packaging approach.
Report Grouper Security Concerns here
View the Grouper Demo
Current Grouper release is v2.5.x
Grouper in v2.5 is a container. If your institution does not run containers regularly, it's ok, you can run Grouper without making investments in container orchestration.
For the Grouper container, which runs the Grouper UI, WS, daemon, scim, GSH, see:
- v2.5 release notes to see which version to use
- v2.5 install instructions
- v2.5 maturity level -1 (quick start)
- v2.5 maturity level 0 instructions using installer
- v2.5 maturity level 0 instructions manual install
- v2.5 upgrade instructions
- The Grouper installer helps you install this container for the first time (and in non production)
- Download the version you want from maven. (download the grouper-installer-*.jar)
- Get a grouper.installer.example.properties e.g. for 2.5.X:
- Create a blank grouper.installer.properties and use any settings from the example
- Run: java -jar grouper-installer-2.5.X.jar
- The Grouper client is a java library for Grouper web services which can be used command line and can show example web service calls
- Download the version you want from maven. (download the grouperClient-*.jar)
- Get a grouper.client.base.properties e.g. for 2.5.X:
- Create a blank grouper.client.properties and use any settings from the base properties
- Run: java -jar grouperClient-2.5.X.jar
New Features in Grouper 2.5
The upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.5 is not generally a major upgrade. The database did not change much.
You are required to use a container when running Grouper. This will ensure you have consistent directory structure, the correct version of libraries, and low risk and low effort upgrades. There are instructions to make using the container as easy as possible.
Grouper source code is on GitHub.
Previous Grouper Versions
For previous Grouper versions, click the link for the desired version:
As an open source project, support is provided by means of the Grouper documentation wiki and open mailing lists. Grouper implementers are urged and welcome to subscribe to the following email lists:
- Grouper-Announce mailing list, for important annoucements around security and releases.
- Grouper-Users mailing list, which is an open support forum for deployment issues.
- Grouper-Developers mailing list, for those interested in discussion of development issues.
To subscribe , see instructions here
Grouper is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. See http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html for a copy of this license.
Development of this software was supported with funding from Internet2, the University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, University of Washington, University of Memphis, University of Bristol (UK), the NSF Middleware Initiative (NSF 02-028, Grant No. OCI-0330626, Grant No. OCI-0330626, OCI-0721896, and OCI-1032468), and JISC. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).