Child pages
  • Grouper Call 7-Feb-2018
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Grouper Call 7-Feb-2018

Attending

  • Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
  • Shilen Patel, Duke
  • Carey Black, (Matt),  tOhio State Univ. 
  • Chad Redmond, UNC
  • Bert Bee-Lindgren, GA Tech
  • Vivek Sachdiva, independent


Grouper Action Items are here   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jQCt1nICmVVZsU8iprjbDw0WbmnpUt87NsS7rdKmfMo/edit

Grouper JIRA https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/projects/GRP/issues/GRP-1642?filter=allissues 

Discussion  


 Current work tasks


 Vivek – Permissions in UI
• Permissions in new UI

• Chris to look at this in new UI

• View screen in Lite UI there are checkboxes, modify them on the view screen, save

• On new UI, assign one by one



Chris –patches, deprovisioning
• Talking about loader groups in UI

• Should delete in grouper when not in loader source system

• Bert wants to know if we can delete groups after not loaded in an amount of time

• Global setting or on each loder job

• On each loader job, delete after a certain amount of days

• Delete members?  Or Group?  Right now just ignores

• Have another setting, empty, or delete group, or leave?

• Do as is for now, have the triplet after 2.4 comes out

• [AI] chris make jira for this

• For attribute value updates use straight sql, based on grouper properties [AI Chris]



Bert – PSPNG
• Working on documentation (higher level) how organized and how to create a new provisioner

• Campus success program meeting

◦ Went really well

◦ GA Tech got answers

◦ Office hours on ground level

◦ Duke as example

◦ PSPNG questions

◦ ACAMP style meeting

◦ Lower level problems unlike ACAMP

◦ Michigan take lead on CSP priorities in the next couple months

◦ People able to move forward the way things are

◦ Share loaders from banner (thin registry), course groups and instructors

• Grouper loader metadata.  [AI Chris to send examples]


Shilen – patches, ldaptive
• Vtldap to ldaptive

• Gone through every property you can set in configuration

• Working with vtldap and ldaptive

• LDAP loaders next

• Commit and people can look


Chad – Library updates
• Libraries are pretty much updated

• Admin UI is broken


Issue Roundup
• Recent TIER Campus Success F2F in Colorado
 - much  Grouper interest
- Grouper ui compiling works in master
- french internationalization fixed in patch grouper_v2_3_0_ui_patch_39
- ldap loader jobs and connections (shilen to change)
- single (batched?) notification on group changes
- bad membership finder and audit logs
- Grouper remedy integration
- Assign view permissions in UI https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=122716612
- Maintaining grouper database size
- subject identifier 0 and psp
- grouper packaging needs
- SCIM server for grouper image
- WS get attributes on stems fails
- PSPNG delete groups error
- subject engine LDAP cert subject alt name problem
- subject API virtual attributes (fixed in patch)
- subject API email issues
- move more permissions screens from lite to new ui
- moving apache off docker to another container
- GRP-1676: get attributes by defName on stem fails as non-wheel (something need to be done?)
- error while upgrading grouper from 2.2 to 2.3
- caching grouper objects in memory?
- loader metadata issues
- attribute def actions to new UI
- should Grouper loader delete groups not in source by default?
- email validator discussion
- Shilen attribute  def name (no change log) in grouper.properties now?
 
 
Next Grouper Call: Wed. Feb. 21, 2018



 

  • No labels