Grouper Call 4-April-2018
- Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
- Shilen Patel, Duke
- Chad Redmond, UNC
- Carey Black, OSU
- Vivek Sachdiva, independent
- Dave Shafer, Internet2
Action Items: Grouper Project Action Items (Google Doc)
Intellectual Property Framework:
Continuous Integration/ DevOps (Dave Shafer)
Do we want continuous on what’s in GIT or based on patches?
- Unit tests on travis. Where is the output? Maven based?
- Maven has been broken for a while
- Oracle 7 doesnt have public releases
- Updating maven, or switch to gradle
Started with Internet2 six months ago. Devops manager for trust and identity. Project is federation manager. Building out a jenkins service in aws. Looking for early adopters. Containerization?
Containers with Grouper:
- TIER packaging
- Bert has containers for testing
- Unicon and GDG
Chad: Travis stuff almost there. Integration tests?
Bert: Getting Container dev env to post checkin process would be a big win
Carey: Perhaps the best approach is to also include the possibility/instructions for outside of the dev team doing “patch level testing” locally too. It may help get other to contribute code easier/faster.
Patch should be able to “add standard tests” (for the project automated testing) when accepted into the project.
Resources for testing a patch should not require “off host resources”.(IMHO)
Grouper at 2018 Global Summit in San Diego
Grouper in Action: Access Management Strategies for Higher Education and Research Tutorial -
- Sunday, May 6 (1:00 pm–5:00pm) https://meetings.internet2.edu/2018-global-summit/program-guide/co-located-events/
- Tues, May 8, 2018 (noon to 1pm) https://meetings.internet2.edu/2018-global-summit/detail/10005028/
Next Grouper Call: Wed April 18, 2018