Child pages
  • Grouper Call 24-Feb-2016
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Notes: Grouper Call of  Wed. 24-Feb-2016 


Attending:

Chris Hyzer, Chair

Tom Barton

Shilen Patel

Bill Thompson

Jim Fox

Marwan Shaher

Pregash Devasagayam

Bert Bee-Lindgren

Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

New Action Items from this call

[AI] (Pregash) will ask for findings around accessibility that can be emailed to Chris prior to the meeting. Then Chris will be happy to schedule the meeting

[AI] Misagh look add hibernate-c3p0 jar to gradle/maven, and the upgrade to c3p0 (commit from Chris)

[AI] (Bert) create a wiki page off the Post PSP Provisioning wiki  page to explain the boundaries for provisioning subjects.

[AI] (Misagh) provide update to Grouper Core list  to  be sure Gradle work will be ready for Grouper Release in April

[AI] Shilen look at loader.thread.pool.size

[AI] (Chris ) clarify the Grouper roadmap around “Add remaining attribute/permission operations to WS”

[AI] (Bert} Clarify Grouper Roadmap around “Successor to the PSP first pass. Include AD and LDAP connectors”


Older Action Items

 

[AI] (Chris) capture the TIER packaging direction in a Grouper wiki page, including environment variable strategy 

[AI] (Bert) respond to U. Toronto PSP email DONE, U. Toronto will get back to Bert.  Bert may follow up after about one month 

[AI] (Shilen) create wiki page on the hibernate work (mysql problem)

[AI] (Chris) make patching and upgrading work on a source directory (based on input from packaging survey)

[AI] (Chris) get rules into new UI, for inheriting privileges

[AI] ( Misagh) look on Grouper wiki for Java doc links and change them to grouper.io 

[AI] (Shilen) create a wiki documenting the Loader work


Discussion

Accessibility Issues-  

 U. Colorado did a walk thru of the Grouper UI and had items (VPAT standard and tab handling)  from the new UI (they found Admin UI works well) to review w the Developers.  They want to schedule a meeting. One issue is that if you tab into something it does not focus to the window, in new UI.  Requires a great deal of tabbing.

Chris would like to see findings prior to meeting in order to be prepared.

[AI] (Pregash) will ask for findings around accessibility that can be emailed to Chris prior to the meeting. Then Chris will be happy to schedule the meeting

Current work tasks

Chris: GSH export/import, Messaging changelog consumer


Chris will send another patch… around GSH

 

Bert: we had² talked about needing complete messages to help with provisioning.  


Chris: first release will not have the complete messages. It will be like the changelog consumer with lightweight messages.  More detailed messages could still be a goal for the future.  


Bert: will grow this detailed messaging capability for the future, but will make everything work with lightweight messages for the upcoming release


Chris: would be good if the messages made it up to the API level

 

Bert: will work on this and consult with Shilen and Chris


   https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+messaging+built+in

 

 Shilen: Loader, Hibernate?  Other?


Loader - Shilen took care of resolvables. Will do more testing.

  • added failsafe for group list

  • will look at affinity for loader jobs

  • will look at reloading loader configuration


[AI] Misagh look add hibernate-c3p0 jar to gradle/maven, and the upgrade to c3p0 (commit from chris)


Bert: PSP-NG

Bert pointed PSP-NG towards our Grouper. Did some provisioning to LDAP attributes and AD groups. Has not done POSIX and  other types of groups yet. Tested 10,000 subjects and about 12 groups.


Did adding and removing members

needs to work on group deletion

Need to work on stem attributes

Can we use Shilen’s load testing scripts for helping with the PSP NG testing?

Shilen says Yes. Those scripts are with the project. Those populate the registry, including adding test subjects to the registry

Google apps provisioner ( from Unicon) creates subjects in Google based on info from Grouper.  So does the Jira/Confluence provisioner, but not the Duo provisioner.  Some targets which have access and very few subject attributes would benefit from thin subject provisioning

Chris: use a flag for this?

LDAP and AD will have subjects. But maybe those using Google will not.

Chris: In Duo, it’s not possible to create a subject.

In Confluence, Grouper can create a user

Need to beware of potential for slippery slope if Grouper provides extensive info to the target systems.

Bert will do provisioning of  subjects  for testing only.

[AI] (Bert) create a wiki page off the Post PSP Provisioning wiki  page to explain the boundaries for provisioning subjects.

Bert: how to sync up harness with the Bill Thompson / Unicon work around Office 365? 

Bill looked at the Google example and at other changelog consumers.

  • changelog loop

  • then translation into provisioning signal to the target


Hopes to complete the work in the Grouper Changelog / GA sandbox.

Interested to figure out how to collaborate and work together going forward.

Chris: important to figure out protocol around Office 365

Part one: Grouper translating the incoming changelog events (Bill pretty far along on this, has integration tests, right now working in the Unicon repo) 

Part two: working with target of Office 365

Helpful if Bill can split out his code.

Some of the code may be applicable to other targets.

Bill is open to moving Grouper Shell  tests to unit tests

Bert: in about 6 weeks we may be able to merge the projects


Misagh: Building and packaging


      https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=87755940

 Vivek: WS


TIER update

·         Plan for april release - road map

 

·         APIs

 

·         Packaging - no discussion of Grouper yet on TIER Packaging calls, focus on Shib so far


[AI] (Misagh) provide update to Grouper Core list  to  be sure Gradle work will be ready for Grouper Release in April


[AI] Shilen look at loader.thread.pool.size


[AI] (Chris ) clarify the Grouper roadmap around “Add remaining attribute/permission operations to WS”


[AI] (Bert} Clarify Grouper Roadmap around “Successor to the PSP first pass. Include AD and LDAP connectors”


·         Github vs gitlab - concern that Github does not satisfy Internet2 Intellectual Property requirements.  There may need to be migration away from Github in the future. Right now we are in holding pattern, waiting for the lawyers.  Could have Internet2 hosted Gitlab in the future


·         Code freeze in 2-4 weeks?

·         Gap analysis in documentation

 Issue roundup

 

·         Immediate memberships in WS -Chris working on this

 

·         Issue in UTF-8 error in a patch [AI for Chris]

 

·         PSP Unable to calculate provisioned object (group entities)

 

·         Patch for LDAP loader [AI for Shilen and Bert to review the pull request ]

 

·         Bill Thompson and change log consumers

 

  https://gist.github.com/wgthom/9c2efe69fef468c71919

 

·         GSH and setting attribute values

 

·         AttributeDefSave WS done!

 

·         Loader DB vs subject source

 

·         Group name as subject identifier

 

·         Shilen done with loader failsafe group list

 

·         Group and folder marker attributes for current and deleted groups

 

·         Export to GSH

 

·         HTTP header for response from WS

 

·         Ldap full sync (have this as option?)

 

·         Postgres connect issue resolved

 

·         Hibernate and c3p0 and thread

 

·         Built in directory structures in grouper

 

·         Jim Fox highlight in TIER newsletter

 

·         Export to GSH problem [AI for chris]

 

Next Grouper Call: Wed. March 9 at noon ET

 


 

 

  • No labels