- Chris Hyzer, U Penn (Chair)
- Pregash J Devasagayam, U. Colorado Boulder
- Marwan Shaher, U. Colorado Boulder
- Jim Fox, University of Washington
- Vivek Sachdeva, Independent
- Tom Barton, U Chicago
- Bert Bee-Lindgren, Georgia Tech
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
[AI] (Chris) follow up on Diagnostic servlet needs patch
[AI] (Chris) work on Attribute framework documentation
[AI] (Chris) work on Get Groups lite WS paging
[AI] Chris find out more about PSP at Penn and how it’s going
[AI] (Bert and Chris) discuss the best approach to groups requiring full sync
[AI] (Bert) email the Grouper users list on how to handle the “LDAP must have member in group” issue
[AI] (Chris) will do code review for the accessibility work
[AI] (Bert) follow up and reply to email on Hibernate Connection Pool issue
[AI] (Bert) look into Compile issue: Bert to look into it. Is Bert’s work area in sync?
[AI] (Bert) Follow up on Philip Harle issue of bushy groups in AD
[AI] (Bert) document how to build PSP NG and patch it (AI for Chris to try it afterwards)
[AI] (Chris) Configure sources.xml as properties file, (In progress)
[AI] (Bert) Put these in jira: Grace Periods, Membership Rules, People/Account subjects
[AI] (Bert) Start discussion about how to handle empty groups (not allowed in some LDAPs) and see if community can decide on a single approach
[AI] (Bert) document the solution to “turn off old psp issue” that was raised on the list
[AI] (Bert) create PSP-NG Training Video (after necessary patches) using Camtasia
Current work tasks
Vivek – Accessibility
- Vivek: 60% done, but ready to do some testing now.
- using MAC and can’t test the window aspects on the MAC
- Vivek will install Grouper (and Eclipse) on wife’s Windows machine to do Windows testing.
- Chris: make a patch with the installer, it will make a test patch, then install that on the Demo Server. Don’t do this on development, only when done. Chris can document this process
- Chris: Could make another environment in demo server if needed
- Possibly use a port from the Windows browser to the Mac
- Checkboxes in privileges tab are an issue.
- When hover over, they change state, but Hover is not accessible.
- Replacing hover could require time-consuming changes
- Currently Vivek is making a list of issues like this but not addressing all of them yet
- Pregash: yes there are some big changes needed. Good that progress is being made and that there are issues on the roadmap.
- Chris: what about a tooltip? You can’t click on it. How do tooltips work in an accessible world?
- Answer: have a question mark that is always there.
- Issue with that: question marks all over the page?
- Need a more elegant solution
- Use real checkboxes instead of images
- There are 3 states… immediate, effective and ?
- Use a link you can tab to?
- Vivek is about halfway through the PDF report on accessibility
- U Colorado Accessibility lab will do testing before the patches are made
- [AI] (Chris) will do code review for the accessibility work
Misagh – gradle
Chris – config overlays, patches, packaging
Ehcache is almost ready. New file converts from the xml file
Chris has been working with the TIER Packaging working group on Docker issues
Bert – PSPNG
- Working on observations from UC Santa Cruz
- Moving towards issue around full sync after memberships are in place
- Question on single value, multi assigned attributes in GSH
- Tried set attribute
Chris: two ways to attributes or values on object
If it’s a single value, use assign method
If it’s multi, use the assign method
Bert will send the code to Chris if issue continues
- In LDAP, can’t have an empty group; group must have members
- Now PSP-NG creates groups without regard to must have 1st member
- Bert plans to create two code paths and a config item to address this issue
- JimF: U Washington uses a null member to deal with this issue
- Chris: would be good if the community would agree to one solution.
- [AI] (Bert) email the Grouper users list on how to handle the “LDAP must have member in group” issue
- Test harness and sync --
- Bert: create an attribute for groups requiring full sync?
- Chris: best to do that with Grouper messaging
- PSP will listen on a certain queue
- [AI] (Bert and Chris) discuss the best approach to groups requiring full sync
- Chris will add info to the wiki page
- Suggestion to look at Grouper Box integration wiki for an example of listening on a queue
- [AI] Chris find out more about PSP at Penn and how it’s going
- Bert will work on action items when the UC Santa Cruz issue is solved
Shilen – real time loader
Bill – TIER Grouper deployment guide
· Tier externalizing text - see Chris email and respond
· Hibernate pool default settings - added a patch, now resolved
· CAS shib authn - resolved
· Attributes in UI (provisioning and loader) - Chris will work on this
· (GRP-1392) processing all groups to see which ones should be provisioned takes a while on large registries with few attributes
· pspng at penn and AD - FIXED
Software.internet2.edu SSL, needs Java7+ - done
read/write pool for subject source (built in subject filter in jdbc2?) - still discussing solution
Handle properties files in jars on windows (chad redman pull request) - Chris accepted this pull request
Csrf error with slash and new tomcat (patch) - done
Scim documentation - organized better now
Grouper reverse proxy ssl success - solved
Diagnostic servlet needs patch [AI] (Chris) follow up on Diagnostic servlet needs patch
Pspng fail on missing members (AI for bert?) - GRP 1391 reopened, in progress
Error message when delete group and part of composite (patch)
Patch success for running loader on multiple nodes and change log issues - Fixed
Jim Fox groupSave patch - patch is out (fixed?)
Grouper installer tarball and patch dir (update on grouper installer) - Fixed
Change log web service at md -- works
Attribute framework documentation
(AI] Chris work on Attribute framework documentation
Move O365 connector to Grouper GITHUB from Unicon (DaveL suggestion)
Get Groups lite WS paging
(AI ] (chris) work on Get Groups lite WS paging
Next Grouper Call: Wed. Nov 30, 2016