Assign someone to be able to manage a group (requires ADMIN privilege or greater)
Note, privileges in Grouper cannot use Grouper permissions. They must use the current internal privilege system for performance reasons.
1. Go to the group's membership list page (in this example we're back at the QS University of Bristol:Academic faculties:Arts:Staff group)
2. Click "Add member" at the bottom of the "Membership list" panel. The "Assign privileges / Add members" screen will appear
3. In the field in the "Search people or groups" panel, type the search criteria for the member you want to add, then click the "Search" button. Your search results will appear
4. In the privileges portions of the results panel, select the checkbox for "update" (can modify group membership) or "admin" (can modify group membership, change group name, or delete the group).
- Choose the simplest permission that will suffice, keeping in mind that anyone with ADMIN privilege can rename or delete the group, whether intentionally or accidentally.
- If the user can manage the group, but is not a member of the group, unselect the checkbox for "member".
5. Select each entity you want to receive the designated privilege by clicking the checkbox next to the entity listing, then click the "Assign privileges" button at the bottom of the panel.