Assign someone to be able to create new folders or groups within a parent folder(requires CREATE FOLDER privilege or greater)
1. Find a parent folder for the folder you will be creating. This should place you on the Browse Groups Hierarchy screen. Here we will select our new Grouper Book folder
- If you have permissions to assign privileges in this folder, you will see the "Manage folders" panel at the bottom of the page. If you do not see this panel, contact your administrator.
2. Click the "Show Entities with" at the bottom of the "Manage folders" panel. The "Current entities with [GrouperWG:Create Group] privilege" screen will appear.
3. Click "Assign this privilege" at the bottom of the "Entity list filtered by privilege" panel. The "Assign creation privileges for [GrouperWG:group name]" screen will appear.
4. In the field in the "Search people or groups" panel, type the search criteria for the member you want to add, then click the "Search" button. Your search results will appear.
- Note that in the privileges portions of the results panel, the CREATE GROUP privilege is selected by default. You may also use the CREATE FOLDER checkbox to assign privileges to the entities you select.
- The creation privileges you grant apply to the parent folder only, and not to any sub folders contained within it (i.e. there is no hierarchical inheritance of creation privileges)