Child pages
  • 3-April-2019
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

Attending 

  • Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
  • Shilen Patel, Duke
  • Chad Redman, UNC
  • Carey Black, the Ohio State University
  • Vivek Sachdiva, independent 
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Grouper Action Items are here

New Action Items

  • [AI]  Shilen work on  a Hibernate Thread pool size wiki

  • [AI]  Bert handle PSPNG error: The active provisioner should be defined when creating LdapObjects at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.pspng.LdapObject.<init>(LdapObject.java:95)

  • [AI] chris add jira about visualization suggestions and look at Michael’s jiras

  • [AI] Vivek, for reporting, add enhancement around lookup and friendly name to the wiki

  • [AI] Vivek to check update the JAR file and be sure Active MQ still functions and report back to Chris


  • [AI] Chris send Chad details on the Visualization error around too large graph


Discussion

 

 Topics

  • Grouper history wiki  https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/_YDKC

  • Patch announcement for filter group memberships

  • Hibernate thread pool size , add a  wiki on this since we get questions?
    AI Shilen work on  a Hibernate Thread pool size wiki

  • Verifying patch status

  • AI Bert handle PSPNG error: The active provisioner should be defined when creating LdapObjects at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.pspng.LdapObject.<init>(LdapObject.java:95)

  • [AI Chad] create JIRA around passing arguments to script or initializing in JVM and taking a command line variable

  • Veto if adding self (patch)

  • GRP-2075: option to change hostname for docker containers

  • AddSubject changes (Chris will release patch shortly)

    • Get friendly error message if needed

  • Changelog performance meeting

    • There was a call on this with Michael G and Keith and Chris recently

    • Looked at times the Changelog processor takes

    • Decided to batch as much as possible

    • MichaelG will do some testing

    • There are various approaches, will try smaller steps first

  • Generating Javadoc (discussion with chad)

GitHub repositories that served content through RawGit within the last month will continue to be served until at least October of 2019. URLs for other repositories are no longer being served.

If you're currently using RawGit, please stop using it as soon as you can.

  • Menu refresh from Chad

    • Chad has not heard back on the issues

    • This feature does work at Penn

  • Visualization suggestions

    • Chris emailed about visualization suggestions   

    • AI chris add jira about visualization suggestions and look at Michael’s jiras 

    • Prefer to keep legend out of the image

    • Have it as a popup

  • Duo paging fixed (but sort of still broken)

    • Can miss records, Chris opened ticket w DUO on this

    • Suggested solution is Subtract  one from the index each time, it’s inconvenient

  • GRP-2080: cleanLogs needs index on assigned type? Leave for when we do DDL for Grouper 2.5

  • USDU for subject properties refresh? Have subject daemon to handle this? Or handle w subject refresh cache.

  • Quartz scheduling and trigger. Vivek solved this

  • Chad: GSH script with args (explain)

    • Converted script jython to GSH

    • Swallows arguments after

    • Solution from Matt: use run Args , pass string to GSH, environment variables

    • Document this on GSH wiki?

    • Would be good to pass arguments re script name

    • Groovy shell issue or GSH issue on passing arguments and parsing, quits when it should not around IF commands. Throwing an error conditionally works properly.

    • [AI Chad] create JIRA around passing arguments to script or initializing in JVM and taking a command line variable

  • AI  Chris  make JIRA] Loader jobs with failsafe per job

  • AI   Chris  make JIRA] Performance of privs on loaders

  •  Grouper analyze its own tables? Could be an option  [AI for Chris to make JIRA]

  • Local entities in UI, chris will make a patch

  • Automating nested groups, now use loader job or a rule

  • Security incident with activemq jar

  • Amqp v1 vs v0.9, amq vs rabbitmq, we don’t have Amqp v1

  • TIER container SP clustering / sticky sessions

  • Visualization blog: https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/17088

  • GRP-2056: Bert jira pspng

  • Grouper report is slow


Current work tasks  and next tasks

 

Vivek Reporting

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/AoDKC

  • Q: Why is it that stems and groups both can generate reports?

  • A: Report will relate to the stem or group its on, but some reports are project wide

  • Now for 1st pass, there is ability for SQL

  • But in future we could do something more friendly.

  • Eg Memberships of anyone in this folder.

  • Could have misc reports

  • Now to add or edit a report you must be a group admin

  • For view permissions, there are options based on how the report is created.

  • Blank means only Grouper admins

  • Is there Implied relation to the report permissions for the group it’s related to ?

  • Need to clarify the plan around these access  controls for reports

  • Plan now is for grouper admins or for a certain group

  • Can’t attest a priv list, but can attest a group

  • How to get to a report if you don’t have permission for the report?

  • Could use a link in an email

  • Issue: is there a check on access to the  reports?

  • Must be in the group ID

  • It’s not like link sharing in google docs

  • Vivek is continuing work on the reporting features

  • No blockers

  • Two storage options: local file system and S3.

  • Files being stored locally now. Will need to configure path to S3 storage

  • Loader and Daemon  definitions. Daemon will run the report jobs

  • Comments: the reporting features are coming along well. Look forward to implementation

  • Need a more friendly name for reports?

  • Loader job has system name and UUID

  • For report: Need name of Grouper stem and the ID of the attribute assignment

  • Could translate for the screen? Do a lookup

  • AI Vivek For reporting, Vivek will add enhancement around lookup and friendly name to the wiki

  • AI Vivek  - check update the JAR file and be sure Active MQ still functions and report back to Chris 


Chris  


Bert – PSPNG patches


Shilen  

  • Folder membership reports done

  • Working on changelog improvements

    • Suggestions on JVM profiling tool?

    • Yourkit

    • Gives free licenses to open source developers

    • Shilen will check that option

    • Shilen had yourkit? license that stopped in Grouper 2.4

  

Chad  

  • Visualization, menu refresh

  • Visualization blog: https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/17088

  • Need to prioritize next steps

  • Chris got a Too Large Graph error

  • Limit of 100 levels

  • AI Chris send Chad details on the Visualization error around too large graph

  • Issue of loops , where  groups are members of each other

  • Javadoc work

  • Grouper loader properties for LDAP

  • Most things covered properly


Next Grouper Call: Wed April 17, 2019


  • No labels