Child pages
  • 23-Jan-2019
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

  

 

Attending

  • Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
  • Shilen Patel, Duke
  • Chad Redman, UNC
  • Bert Bee Lindgren, Georgia Tech
  • Carey Black, the Ohio State University
  • Vivek Sachdiva, independent 
  • Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

Grouper Action Items are here

New Action Items from this call

  • [AI] Chris get the demo server not throwing errors anymore

  • [AI] Chad change issue around wrong column with and foreign Key issue in master in API in DDL

  • [AI] Bert    respond to Dan Waegel, 2.4.0 PSP tarball 1/17

  • [AI] Chris  look at daemon run success message error that Shilen responded to

  • [AI] Shilen: quartz resolve classnames when scheduling

  • [AI] Chris: GRP-1995: slow query on audit log

  • [AI] Chris: reply to Vivek about provisioning in UI question from 1/12

  • [AI] Chad: Jim Fox email 1/11 about XML not in Java 10/11

  • [AI] Chris:email grouper users list about plans for Grouper 2.5

  • [AI] Bert: add doc about userCreationLdifTemplate on PSPNG wiki for AD regarding gettes email 1/10

  • [AI] Chris: send the RabbitMQ link to Vivek to update

  • [AI] Chris: make a group specified for ability to delete PIT data

  • [AI] Chris for Obliterate Stem, make it  enforce Don't allow delete root folder.  Specify which level of folders can be deleted. Specify stems not deletable

    [AI] Chris to look at Shilen’s response for Database issues in Penn data conversion


Discussion 

  • Handling Grouper Project Action Items

    • Need a good way to handle AIs, so they get prioritized.

    • Emily will capture and send out day before the Grouper calls.

    • On the calls, can go thru recent AIs that have our names on them

    • Will try to move old AIs to JIRA

    • Need to think of AIs on equal footing with JIRAs

    • When should items go to jiras?

      • Any commit needs a JIRA

      • Short tasks should live in AIs

      • Longer tasks that involve research should become JIRAs

    • Bert: think first of JIRAs that are bugs

    • AI Emily schedule call w Bert re Action Items (DONE)

Issue that these Grouper calls often run out of time

Reverse the order of the updates?

 

Other Agenda Items:

  • Changelog temp concerns

Issue roundup

  • [AI] Chris to look at Shilen’s response for Database issues in Penn data conversion

  • [AI] Chris get the demo server not throwing errors anymore

  • GRP-1992 – PSPNG attempts to process a deleted group

    • MichaelG added this JIRA

  • Shilen please explain PIT table issue prevents changelog temp to changelog

    • Issue  from Scott, duplicate data in PIT tables, not clear how it go to this state, Shilen asked Scott to look at loader job, Scott did not see daemon jobs, only saw those run manually, PIT sync? attempts to fix this.  

    • Carey found date discrepancies in his data.  Will explore database more deeply and share what he finds.  Carey’s fix: took one, with later start date, and set end date, then set active = false, then rest of processing went forward.  

    • AI Shilen make JIRA for need better documentation for PIT (Done)

  • Rabbitmq commit feedback

  • GRP-1987 – Standard methods to retrieve full paths of standard attributes

    • Writing GSH script, must figure out the attribute name, can look in the UI and get it. Want it to be modular and not hard coded.  

  • Chad please discuss GRP-1986: UI/WS upgrade reverts some patching

    • This is done, can close

  • Chad please discuss GRP-1975: improve documentation for c3p0

    • Not a big deal? This is what everyone is using. Pooling ? options need doc. This is in the subject properties. JVBC2 adaptor or settings

  • Chad please discuss GRP 1979: grouper message from_member_id varchar(100)

    • Wrong column width and foreign key issue,

    • Should we change this in master? Yes

    • AI Chad will change issue around wrong column with and foreign Key issue in master in API in DDL

  • [AI] Bert,   respond to Dan Waegel, 2.4.0 PSP tarball 1/17

  • Subject caching patches complete

  • Groups for 3d printers

  • GRP-1994: ehcache warnings [AI] chris

  • Midpoint integration

  • [AI] Chris  look at daemon run success message error that Shilen responded to

  • [AI] Shilen: quartz resolve classnames when scheduling

  • [AI] Chris: GRP-1995: slow query on audit log

    • Michael G has an idea on how to make query faster

    • Idea: look at audit type, many ifs, could just look at UUIDs,

    • Be  more specific about search up front? So 1st query is always efficient

    • Is this more a UI issue or database issue?

    • If had checkboxes

    • Looking at group audit, results to search is unbounded by time

    • Change to default of “everything in last week”

    • Chris will look at this

  • [AI] Chris: reply to Vivek about provisioning in UI question from 1/12

  • [AI] Chad: Jim Fox email 1/11 about XML not in Java 10/11

    • AI Chad email grouper team with recommendation on support for Java 10/11 ,  note that AWS may be a special case,

    • Chris: Would be good to more fully support containers, supporting TIER approach

  • Release date for Grouper 2.5 -- target for Fall 2019

  • AI Chris email users list about plans for Grouper 2.5

  • [AI] Bert: add doc about userCreationLdifTemplate on PSPNG wiki for AD regarding gettes email 1/10

  • Everyone now on slack?!

    • Carey is on i2 slack… can I be added to Grouper channel(s)?

    • TIER-Grouper

    • TIER-Grouper train (this Slack channel may get deprecated per  Bill Kaufman)

    • TI Grouper Visualization

    • [AI] Emily get Carey added to these 3 Grouper Slack channels and find out how to make it easier to see SLACK channels and request access directly DONE


Current work tasks, and next tasks

Vivek –rabbitmq routing keys, provisioning in ui

  • Vivek saw  Chris’s email re rabbitMQ,

  • looking for WS doc, did not see info on the params

  • AI Chris send the RabbitMQ link to Vivek to update

  • Which services have params?

  • https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Message+Receive

  • Search thru Grouper service.

  • Coding is done, but where to document?

  • Put properties in grouper loader base properties.

  • Vivek added 5, but one may be missing metadata

  • Grouper client instructions and WS, what is relationship?

  • Can run as a command line

  • Prints for every operations

  • Look at Grouper Client wiki

  • All in a config file

  • Some may need to be added

  • Handle exchange type there

  • Put in command line and add to a param

  • Test with command  line

  • See in XML as it goes across

     

Chris – Database configs, subject caching, obliterate stem, bulk change log message

Obliterate Stem

  • https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+UI+folder+delete

  • Will make UI a bit more useful, and perhaps dangerous

  • Need admin to delete sub objects

  • Concerned who will be allowed to delete PIT data

    • This is an audit feature and should have its own access controls

    • Need to Create access group for ability to delete PIT data; important to security

    • The PIT data is owned by audit, not by the admins of the group

    • AI Chris will make a group specified for ability to delete PIT data

    •  

    • AI Chris will make this enforce Dont allow delete root folder.  Specify which level of folders can be deleted. Specify stems not deletable

    • For future, attribute delete issues?

  • Bulk messages:

    • Bulk change Log Messages

  • Michael Gettes has raised this issue

 

Bert – PSPNG patches

  • Bert will send patch info (see  below on GRP 1911 and 1533) to Grouper users list

  • Then work on performance issues

  •  

  • When you delete a group, you get a lot of change log messages.

    • Change log message for memberships and then for the group

  • Membership changes are processed incrementally

  • Suggestion  to ignore membership changes and handle when group is deleted


  • Been unwinding parallel work areas

  • 2.3 patches in place & in release notes, but need to send to grouper-users

    • Patch 23 (GRP-1911)

    • Patch 24 (GRP-1533)

  • 2.4  patch in place, but also need to send to grouper-users

    • Patch 2 (GRP-1911)

  • Todo:

    • Package and test GRP-1533 in 2.4

    • Package patch for: GRP-1494

    • Performance, Efficiency

      • GRP-1992, GRP-1931,  Subject Caching

      • Group Selection: GRP-1902, GRP-1903, GRP-1971,

  • (Non-PSPNG)... change_log_temp


Shilen – Membership UI improvements

  • Will send email on his work

 

Chad - Grouper Visualization

 

  • Similar to work done by MichaelG
  • All memberships represented
  • Not provisioned
  • See separate object for provisioners,
  • specific for PSPNG
  • Perhaps use attributes
  • Comment: looks good, impressive work
  • Suggestion to put screenshots in wiki
  • Share with Grouper Users list
  • It’s working, need to polish rough edges 
  • Scrolling issue
  • Can make fit within window, could be bug in graphviz

 


Next Grouper Call Wed. Feb 6, 2019

 

  • No labels