- Chris Hyzer, Penn, Chair
- Shilen Patel, Duke
- Chad Redmon, UNC
- Carey Black, the Ohio State University
- Vivek Sachdiva, independent
- Emily Eisbruch, Internet2
New Action Items
Grouper BOF at 2019 Global Summit recap
Grouper BOF at 2019 Global Summit went well https://meetings.internet2.edu/2019-global-summit/detail/10005392/
See BOF notes here: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/boGlC
Fewer technical people attended Global Summit than in past years
Use of Zoom to bring in the team worked well
Upgrading to 2.4 (AI add to testing procedures?)
Pspng patch 4 full sync performance
Manually patch 2.2
Rabbitmq connection password (guest)
GDG and folder names
Jira patch levels
Veto if add self to group (SOD)
Chris added jira to check attribute assign and value consistency… single assign? From jim fox 3/7) https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-2082
Export/import to handle references to other objects
Include/exclude and require groups in UI (AI add jira)
Cannot start full sync since incremental underway
Matt and hooks and ui - discuss on next Grouper Call
Current work tasks , and next tasks
Vivek – Grouper Reporting
- Making good progress
- Regarding the use case, Penn has reporting system and moving from postgress to Oracle . It can do queries and can be ad hoc
- But small schools that don’t have access to Grouper Database may need reporting help.
- Example: who is enrolled in 2step , attributes about them, used query for group lookups, Joined w attribute table
- Sent reports w email
- Grouper data security comes into play
- Goal is that this should be inside Grouper, thus use case for Grouper report feature
- Should cron a report , just like the loader
- Could be stored in the database eventually
- If you’re in group allowed to see the report, you optionally get a report saying the report is ready.
- Some concern with letting users run arbitrary SQL
- Only certain people will be able to run reports (like with the loader)
- Campus managers want reports out of Grouper.
- Duke gets requests for simple reports on a group,
- Can show trends on memberships using point in time audit
- Today on most campuses Grouper reports are run on demand when needed
- Perhaps we should re use the model of change log consumer
- Where a report gets defined and then can be tied to other structures
- At OSU, reports have been developed, but with Grouper API, not using SQL
- Chad: using a BI system or GSH or web services calls to Grouper makes sense.
- Would not require database access
- Agreed reports inside Grouper is a good idea
- People running reports should have different privileges than those consuming.
- Useful to put some comments on the wiki with examples of reports we currently use.
- To see if what we are proposing can handle those.
- AI Grouper team put examples of reports on the wiki. https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/x/AoDKC
- Concern that report storage tied to AWS S3 will only serve some campuses.
- For Grouper 2.5 we should provide alternatives to S3, such as database, though perhaps there are security issues
- Issues with storing blobs and storage allowance
- Duo paging,
- Loader performance,
- Can’t add self,
- Duo and provisioning UI
Bert – PSPNG patches
- Folder membership reports
- Show and filter group memberships under a folder
- Grouper memberships for groups under this folder
- Shilen will create a patch soon
- Then Shilen will look at the changelog discussion
- Suggestion to have a special call to get input on changelog
- Visualization, menu refresh
- "Improve save/refresh behavior of stem navigator tree"
- Chad shared menu refresh features,
- Uses Internal Ajax links
- Use Eclipse or IntelliJ for this menu work?
- Refresh button next to browse folders
- Refresh versus internal navigation
- Matt: add user preferences to the UI
Next Grouper Call: Wed April 3, 2019